Sign in to follow this  
mfa_angelfire

local star trek club

hello my name is Col. Q Im a member of the maquis starship mav_dragonstorm I am the chief of operations ar comading officer is general ktylo ( a very mean kligon) we ae based out of the ohio vally region (west virgina,ohio) if any one is intrestede in joining u can email me and i will email u the in fromation u need to join

Kapla

This is col.Q again i forgot to metion this is not a sim club this is a nonprofit charatable club that does comunity services with the salvation army and we also go to conventions and some other very cool things

Sounds great.When I was 15 or 16 I wanted to join a local Star Trek club that did community service,like visiting patients in hospital in character (Klingons,Starfleet officers,etc) and such,but they wouldn't let me.It was a sort of "friends only" club started by the head guy,and absolutely nobody else was admitted.I was so angry about that.It seemed to me that that rule defeated the whole purpose of Star Trek's message of IDIC and friendship.That group is still around,but has since stopped doing community work and is now just a group of four or five folks who gather at my girlfriend's house (her older sister is a member...I didn't know them back then,all that well)to role play.Pathetic.I'm still mad.I thought about forming my own club,but didn't.I don't know anybody else within 100-miles who cares about Star Trek,and I no longer really have the time for that. :blink:

It is hard to find a local star trek club in an area my club we have meetings once a month are bigest project was helping the local cinimas raise money for cmn we also promoted nemises at the theator u can also have an online club through yahoogroups u can im or email mefor the links to some that im in

In my region there are Startrek fans. I have heard about regular meetings of fans at a restaurant in my home town (these meetings are called Startrek Dinner). But I never joint one. I can't point out a certain reason for not joining. Maybe because I assume that there will be only very young ones and that they wouldn't like such an old girl like me around.

Among my close friends there are no trekkies. But I'm in contact with fans via e-mail and I do enjoy this very much.