Sign in to follow this  
TJ Phaserman

Jogging pilgrim stuns motorists

BERLIN (Reuters) - Police in Germany were shocked to find a man running down a major highway pulling a three-wheeled trailer -- but even more surprised to learn he was a Polish pilgrim on a 3,000 km (1,800 mile) trek.

Motorists near Coburg in Bavaria saw the man towing a load with a rod attached to his back and called police.

"Officers' initial astonishment quickly turned into admiration," a police statement said on Tuesday.

After questioning the man, police discovered he was a devout Roman Catholic Pole on his way home from a European pilgrimage that had taken him as far as Portugal.

Inside a converted roof luggage box, which also served as a bivouac, the 35-year-old was carrying all he needed for the journey, police said. After inspecting the vehicle, officers declared it roadworthy and sent him on his way.

:laugh: :)

I imagine this guy's in some pretty good shape. Too bad it's virtually impossible to do such a thing here in the U.S.

I imagine this guy's in some pretty good shape. Too bad it's virtually impossible to do such a thing here in the U.S.

Someone from my hometown just recently completed a solo bicycle ride from the Pacific to the Atlantic it took several months but what an adventure.

Edited by TheUnicornHunter

Someone from my hometown just recently completed a solo bicycle ride from the Pacific to the Atlantic it took several months but what an adventure.

I meant with hauling a cart around like this guy did. For one, police in many areas wouldn't let it on the road for safety concerns and to prevent traffic from getting blocked, and also a lot of places aren't exactly safe from people who wouldn't think twice about swiping a possession or two.