Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

96 Years ago

300px_Titanic_southhampton.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titanic

RMS Titanic was an Olympic-class passenger liner owned by the White Star Line and built at the Harland and Wolff shipyard. At the time of her launching in 1912, she was the largest passenger steamship. During her maiden voyage, Titanic struck an iceberg on April 14, 1912, and sank two hours and forty minutes later on April 15, 1912.

The sinking resulted in the deaths of 1,517 people, ranking it as one of the worst peacetime maritime disasters in history and by far the most infamous. The Titanic used some of the most advanced technology available at the time and was popularly believed to be “unsinkable”. It was a great shock to many that despite the advanced technology and experienced crew, the Titanic still sank with a great loss of life. The media frenzy about Titanic's famous victims, the legends about what happened on board the ship, the resulting changes to maritime law, and the discovery of the wreck in 1985 by a team led by Robert Ballard have made Titanic persistently famous in the years since.

Anybody want to know more about the Titanic, there is a whole thread devoted to it on this site..... :wow:

Anybody want to know more about the Titanic, there is a whole thread devoted to it on this site..... :wow:

Is there? I'll have to search for it and check it out.

Oh, the Titanic. When I first saw the 96 years, I thought it was the length VBG and RC were PMing and posting about each other :wow:

Anybody want to know more about the Titanic, there is a whole thread devoted to it on this site..... :RC2:

Yes, we should be trying to make at least a weekly post in that thread ...which I assume is in off topic discussions...

Oh, the Titanic. When I first saw the 96 years, I thought it was the length VBG and RC were PMing and posting about each other :wow:

:RC2:

Or it might be their combined ages!!! Of course that would mean VBG is 70 and RC is 26. ^_^

(The responses to this should be good :hug: )

Don't sell VBG short. RC is 29 so that would make VBG only....67....... :wow:

Hey, I am all for saying that RC is 26....... Seeing as how she is only a few weeks older than me.