Sign in to follow this  
Kor37

Student Urinates In Lunch Box In Class

Student Urinates in Lunch Box in Class

AP

Posted: 2008-03-18 22:32:38

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - A teacher was put on paid leave Tuesday while officials investigate why a student urinated in a lunch box during her class.

The Meadowbrook Middle School student urinated in a lunch box while hiding behind a classroom bookcase, Orange County school officials said Tuesday.

According to statements by other students in the class, school officials think that when the boy asked to go the restroom on Thursday, teacher Jameeka Chambers told him to hold it or use her lunch box.

The boy took the lunch box, hid behind a bookcase, urinated in it and returned it to her, Frank Kruppenbacher, attorney for the Orange County School Board, told the Orlando Sentinel.

"I think we clearly know she didn't tell him, 'Go pee in this box,' in the sense of going to go do that," Kruppenbacher said. "That's beyond our comprehension."

Chambers is to be interviewed on Monday.

The next morning the boy's mother complained to the principal and told a local TV station that Chambers would not allow him to use the restroom.

The boy was not regularly in Chambers' class, but was in her room to complete makeup work on a computer, Kruppenbacher said.

This is a first-year teaching job for Chambers, who teaches sixth-grade language arts.

A telephone number listed under the name of a Jameeka Chambers in Orlando was busy.

I am SO glad that I sent my kid to private school!...... :batman:

some teachers are a$$es like that, I would sew the school and the teacher, this is a form of Child abuse IMO

some teachers are a$$es like that, I would sew the school and the teacher, this is a form of Child abuse IMO

Fine the teacher or get her disciplined or fired. But sueing the school board only takes money from other students and school programs and ultimately the taxpayer.

Fine the teacher or get her disciplined or fired. But sueing the school board only takes money from other students and school programs and ultimately the taxpayer.

It hasn't stopped others from doing the same thing as a lawsuit for mental anguish.

It hasn't stopped others from doing the same thing as a lawsuit for mental anguish.

My point - people want to sock it to any government entity because they consider them "deep pockets" - ie a chance to inherit a windfall at the taxpayer's expense. And these people really could not care less about society, the schools or their neighbors when they have dollar signs in their eyes.

No one should have to go through waiting to use the restroom?

And we don't even know the whole story? Maybe the kid was being disruptive before-hand, so asking to go to the restroom was seen as another excuse to not do his work.

well forgive me for being half asleep today. i still think it shouldn't of happened. i mean i don't know what the teacher was thinking, but she needs to have better sense in judgment next time.

A teacher was put on paid leave Tuesday while officials investigate why a student urinated in a lunch box during her class.

Please,paid leave is a freaking holiday. The amount of teachers who told kids to hold it til break break is like rediculous.

The whole box thing is bizarre though, she obviously didn't expect it to be taken seriously but kids really can be literal.

All the same she needs to go back to school herself!

I dont care if the kid was acting up or not, the teacher was out of line, you have the right to use the restroom, the teacher needs to be sued and the school district, so who cares if it hurts the school district, they got enough money to put this teacher on paid leave, this whole story boils my blood

I dont care if the kid was acting up or not, the teacher was out of line, you have the right to use the restroom, the teacher needs to be sued and the school district, so who cares if it hurts the school district, they got enough money to put this teacher on paid leave, this whole story boils my blood

Who cares - any self respecting member of society should care. And, no they don't have enough money - and that money comes out of your neighbor's pockets - not some nameless entity. There is a major difference between holding someone responsible for their actions - ie disciplining the teacher - and suing just to get rich at someone else's expense - which is just plain selfish and part of the "me first" epidemic that is crippling this country.

No one is saying the issue shouldn't be addressed and the teacher held resonsible - but suing isn't the answer for everything.

And, kids always use having to go to the bathroom as an excuse to cut class or loiter in the hallways etc. It would be hard for a new teacher to tell the difference between a sincere request and someone just trying to put one over on the teacher. And it is very possible the kid went in the lunchbox to be a smart alec. That's why they're doing an investigation - to get all the facts. I wouldn't begin to guess at this point what the whole story was.

if he cut class the teacher can tell the principle, and you know what the district should lose money cause they hired this person, if they lose money over it, well they will be more careful with the next teacher they hire, people and organizations need to be held responsible for their actions, and if a lawsuit against the district is what needed for changes made there, then I am all for that, cause as it sounds changes need to be made there