Sign in to follow this  
Itchygomba69

Speed Racer Movie

Speed Racer was one of my favorite toons as a kid but after seeing the trailer, I know I've out grown it.

I have a confession to make; I know what I said above but 2 weeks ago my girls had tickets for X-Fest, something I wasn't intrested in seeing so I dropped them off then snuck to the theater to indulge my pressing curiosity over this film.

I'm glad I did. I went in with the hopes of having my questions, questions which have waited 40 years, answered, and I got them in spectacular form.

It's not for everyone but if you were a fan you should get and enjoy it. Who is Racer X & why were people always trying to kill him are the two main themes interspersed with humor, thrills and eye popping scenery; which imo may not actually exist as shown but might signify how Speed sees the world, or, be the distant future.

Hints for enjoying it: {SPOILERS}

The beginning, (notice he's driving the Mach "6") is actually the end, with Speed flashing back through the years since childhood in his memory in between. Forget the old series except for your questions it never answered, it is not a prequel or a sequel; think of this as the entire TV series rolled into one neat package because that is what it is.