Sign in to follow this  

Should they make a Quantum Leap film?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Should they make a Quantum Leap film?

• Yes
    • No

I voted Yes. I too was a big fan of the series..Would be hard to do while Scott Bakula is doing Enterprise..Maybe in another 5 years?... :dude:

Thats a great idea but I forget how the series ended, was it a "cliffhanger"? I agree, if it does get done it should be after ENT finishes it's run and puts a film in the can.

Thats a great idea but I forget how the series ended, was it a "cliffhanger"? I agree, if it does get done it should be after ENT finishes it's run and puts a film in the can.

It was quite a weird episode in which Sam leaped into himself, but he was his current age but it was the day of his birth. The final credits said that 'Sam never made it home' (yet).

An incredible series! It was original, touching and thought provoking. It should have had more years. But a movie is a fabulous idea! However, when they said "Sam never made it home" they were trying to convey the message that he NEVER EVER WILL. In the last episode it was made known that Sam could have gone home at anytime if he really wanted to, but there was something deep down in him that prevented that, because he simply had to help people. Changing that for a movie would kind of change the theme of the whole series. Just my opinion. They could still do a movie, but I wouldn't want him to get home.

An incredible series!  It was original, touching and thought provoking.  It should have had more years.  But a movie is a fabulous idea!  However, when they said "Sam never made it home" they were trying to convey the message that he NEVER EVER WILL. In the last episode it was made known that Sam could have gone home at anytime if he really wanted to, but there was something deep down in him that prevented that, because he simply had to help people.  Changing that for a movie would kind of change the theme of the whole series.  Just my opinion.  They could still do a movie, but I wouldn't want him to get home.

What if he finally got home at the end of the movie, was able to spend some time with his wife and then at the very end Kissed her and sid something like "I still have unfinished work" and it's over with him leaping again? That way he was able to spend time at home but is still leaping.

The final credits said that 'Sam never made it home' (yet).

I see now the word "yet" is outside the quote marks, bummer. :dude: Poor Sam.

I know, I know it was just a TV show.

That being said... the way the series ended really, really upset me. It took me a long time to think about Sam's choice without feeling hollow inside, but I can't say I was surprised he made that choice. After all, as Al said, Sam's a hero. And a hero's gotta do what a hero's gotta do.

But, I've never gotten over how heartbreakingly lonely it must be to live out the rest of your life only getting to interact with people in bits and pieces, to give up friendship and love and willingly take on a shadow existense. To continue to help people, Sam needs some kind of connection to his own humanity. Sam needs Al.

That's the movie I want to see. I don't know if Sam changed history with Beth enough to make it where he and Al never met, and I don't care. I want TPTB to fix it. I want Al to find Sam.

Stardate:213660.9

Should they have a movie of Quantum Leap you say??YES YES YES YES YES YES YES THEY SHOULD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quantum Leap was the only show i liked and still liked better than Star Trek!!!!!!!Quantum Leap ruled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I just saw the series finale a few weeks ago and i was so incredibly pissed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I actually started to cry and started punching the tv when it said Sam wasnt coming home!!!!!!!!!After all that time how could they do that to Sam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Its not fair!!!!!!! :dude: It's just not fair dammit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok ok settle down............:takes deep breath:ok i dont care if it goes against the theme of the show they need to make a movie where Sam comes home!!!!!!!

Quantum Leap Rules!!!!!!!!!!!

I nulled my vote because I've never actually seen the show so I can't say for my self, but from what everyone else has posted, It sounds really good. My dad also told me about the show and said he said he would definately want to see it made into a movie.

Everyone is taking for granted that Scott Bakula would play the lead if they made a movie. Most movies based on TV series have different casts - although I think in this instance the public outcry would be immense.

I don't think they should change the ending - I think it was appropriate for the character. He may have never returned home but I believe he eventually found peace is some world/realm/time.

Everyone is taking for granted that Scott Bakula would play the lead if they made a movie.  Most movies based on TV series have different casts - although I think in this instance the public outcry would be immense.

I don't think they should change the ending - I think it was appropriate for the character.  He may have never returned home but I believe he eventually found peace is some world/realm/time.

Stardate:213668.9

I would not care if the cast wasnt the same i would see it anyway.Although it wouldnt be good I would go see it just because its Quantum Leap

I don't think a movie would be any good without Bakula. I think he is a very good actor. They wouldn't hesitate to give a movie role a captain of Star Trek anyhow. Scott is most definately movie material!

I enjoyed the series when it was on,it would be interesting to see a film version of it,but would Scott Bakula play the lead role,what with him doing Enterprise as well.

Oh by the way I voted yes.