Sign in to follow this  
Kor37

Group Seeks Voluteers To Get Malaria

Group Seeks Volunteers to Get Malaria

AP

Posted: 2008-03-05 17:56:26

SEATTLE (AP) - The Seattle Biomedical Research Institute will pay volunteers as much as $4,000 to be bitten by mosquitoes infected with malaria. Scientists say no lives are in danger because the volunteers can be cured. The institute is testing which vaccines work fastest.

The head of the program, Dr. Patrick Duffy, says volunteers will spend several nights under medical supervision in a hotel.

All of the human trials will be reviewed for safety by the Food and Drug Administration.

I think MrPsychic said he was short on cash....................................

Actually the ethicsare a little shady, but yeah its perfectly legal.

The head of the program, Dr. Patrick Duffy, says volunteers will spend several nights under medical supervision in a hotel.

Oh, I see this is just a dream.... :laugh:

AP

Posted: 2008-03-05 17:56:26

SEATTLE (AP) - The Seattle Biomedical Research Institute will pay volunteers as much as $4,000 to be bitten by mosquitoes infected with malaria. Scientists say no lives are in danger because the volunteers can be cured. The institute is testing which vaccines work fastest.

All of the human trials will be reviewed for safety by the Food and Drug Administration.

I think MrPsychic said he was short on cash....................................

The sad part is that I thought "Yea, sure I could do that" before I read your comment...

Oh, I see this is just a dream.... :laugh:

:bow:

I see a relationship here. Watching a whole TV season to find out it was all just a dream kind of made me sick. :laugh:

Actually, this is not uncommon. I used to be an Assistant Director of a large teaching hospital here and we got these offers all the time from the doctors there. I actually participated in one experiment. They paid me $800 for the doctor to carve a 1 inch square piece of flesh from the top of my leg. This doctor was developing some kind of cream which was supposed to heal wounds quicker. So for $800, I was wounded and had to go to the doctor every other day for about a month so he could apply the cream.