Sign in to follow this  
Kor37

Anger Class Student Hit Woman

Complaint: Anger Class Student Hit Woman

AP

Posted: 2008-02-29 23:09:20

ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) - A man on his way to anger management class became angry and struck a woman, authorities said.

Justin John Boudin, 27, pleaded guilty Friday to fifth-degree assault in Ramsey County District Court and can expect to face a sentence for time served in jail, at least 120 days, and probation when he is sentenced May 5, the county attorney's office said.

According to a criminal complaint, Boudin was waiting at a bus stop on Aug. 29 when he accosted a 59-year-old woman and others.

"Why don't you show me some respect?" he allegedly yelled at the woman.

When she took out a cell phone to call police, he hit her in the face, according to the complaint. When a 63-year-old man tried to stop Boudin, Boudin hit him with a blue folder - which fell on the ground - and fled.

Police tracked him down through the folder, which included Boudin's anger management homework and his name, the complaint said.

Obviously not a star pupil...... <_<

Hey, he remembered to sign his name on his homework! <_<

Obviously he's going to have to repeat this class. :clap:

Why are people so angry all the time?

Great question! I've noticed the same thing. Whether in traffic or in a store or at a social setting with strangers, people always seem angry and willing to snap at a total stranger. Whatever happened to kindness toward your fellow man? Is it the stress of today's society? I have no clue.

Very good question! Could be a whole thread.

My first thoughts would be that it IS sadly the world we live in with too much stress and uncertainty. The world is a much more threatening place with war, terrorism, mortgage crisis, credit card debt, uncertainty over economy, more extreme weather, etc. I think there is a resulting higher stress level, and some people really need to get help, support, counseling etc. Yet there is still the stigma over getting mental health assistance, and it's more expensive and harder to get, so I see those all as reasons.

Our society also seems less civil and besides the above reasons, I think public discourse, tv and movie programs, reality shows, media etc all contribute to the lack of politeness and respect for others. I also feel parents are not always doing their jobs to teach children self control, and respect for others and that is more than a shame, that is a real problem.

Edited by trekz