Sign in to follow this  
TransporterMalfunction

Voyager

Voyager was the series that started it all for me; the one that introduced me to Star Trek. I love Voyager and have seen every episode. And what you all have been saying is pretty much true.....the epsiodes get better as it enters it's last few seasons. Sure there are some great ones scattered here and there, but the truly impressive ones appear near the end. The characters seem more real, more believable than in the beginning. I thought it was interesting to watch Janeway's hairstyle go from bun--ponytail--short (just above the shoulders). I like "Caretaker" but "Endgame" was so much better. Part of me WANTED to see the crew get home, and I sat there in disbelief for a while after I saw they'd actually made it; but the other part of me said "If they make it home in this final episode, how can there possibly be a Voyager movie? What could they possible do in a movie now that they've made it home, the one true mission they had from the getgo?" It will be interesting to see if they ever make a movie about the Voyager crew, but I kinda doubt that they will.

:bag:

Jaina

What would a VOY movie be about?

1. Species 8472 invasion.

2. Third Borg invasion.

3. Conflict with the Hirogen.

4. Conflict with the Vaadwar.

5. Conspiracy story dealing with what Voyager brought from the DQ.

6. Mission back to the DQ via slipstream or transwarp drive.

7. Mystery story like the first movie.

Those who say "Voyager got home, there's nothing left to tell" don't have a vivid imagination, in my opinion.

Those are all very interesting ideas. I think even bringing "Q" in for a movie would be awesome!!

Those who say "Voyager got home, there's nothing left to tell" don't have a vivid imagination, in my opinion.

Ouch! That hurt..... :) :bag:

I do not think that Voyager has nothing left to tell, on the contrary, there are many possiblities; I'm just worried that the producers think there's not enough interest in the series to make a movie about it, which saddens me. I would very much like to see a Voyager movie.

Those are all very interesting ideas.  I think even bringing "Q" in for a movie would be awesome!!

I'd love to see Q in a movie, but I feel it would only work if he were a pivital character with a small role, perhaps as a mentor to an evolved Kes or something. B)

Ouch! That hurt..... :bag::rofl:

That wasn't directed toward you, just the many people who say, "Voyager got home, they can't make a movie." :)

I do not think that Voyager has nothing left to tell, on the contrary, there are many possiblities;  I'm just worried that the producers think there's not enough interest in the series to make a movie about it, which saddens me.  I would very much like to see a Voyager movie.

I don't think it's that. I think what happened was that VOY was coming to an end, and at the time, they were working on the 4th TNG movie, so they didn't have current plans for a VOY movie. However, since NEMESIS most likely marks the end of the TNG movies, it's very possible that we may get a VOY movie. Berman was far more involved in VOY than DS9, so my theory is that they might give DS9 a mini-series while VOY gets a movie. However, Berman has also mentioned interrested in a mixed-crew movie. :rofl:

Berman has also mentioned interrested in a mixed-crew movie. :bag:

That would be neat. I've heard good and bad on this though. Problems arise like "which characters do you choose for a mixed a crew?" Actually, I think that would be the biggest challenge, deciding who gets a spot on the screen and who has to be left behind.

:)

Jaina

Berman has also mentioned interrested in a mixed-crew movie. :)

That would be neat. I've heard good and bad on this though. Problems arise like "which characters do you choose for a mixed a crew?" Actually, I think that would be the biggest challenge, deciding who gets a spot on the screen and who has to be left behind.

:bag:

Jaina

Well, I'm going to give an example of how a mixed-crew movie might work:

U.S.S. Titan crew

Captain - William T. Riker

Executive Officer - Tuvok

Tactical / Security Chief - (can't think of anyone)

Helm - Tom Paris

Chief Engineer - B'Elanna Torres

Science Officer - Aunnika "Seven" Hansen

Chief Medical Officer - Voyager's EMH with a name.

Counselor - Deanna Troi

Other Roles:

Admiral Kathryn Janeway - onboard Titan for a mission when the ship is diverted for the movie's plot.

Katherine Pulaski - one of Titan's doctors.

Wesley Crusher - one of the Titan's engineers.

Jake Sisko - Reporter

Cameos:

Captain Chakotay - Talks to Captain Riker from the bridge of Voyager.

Chief O'Brien - Seven contacts her teacher from the Acadamy to confirm a theory.

I realise there's few DS9 characters in here, but this is just an example of a mixed cast with TNG, DS9, VOY charactes. Instead of using popular characters, they should use characters who would fit the plot as well as the roles of whatever setting they pick.

Getting back to the original question, I would have to say that I preferred the first few series of Voyager. The feel was one of isolation and a whole new world, with the Kazon, the Vidiians, the hardship, bio-neural gel packs, and so forth. There was conflict on board the ship and a freshness of character.

Towards the end, we had too much 'Federation'. We had the Borg, regular communication with Star Fleet. Every once in a while they 'lept' another ten light years and the crew became too relaxed and well off compared to earlier series. The show lost what made it different, and diluted the strength of the show.

Guest Ktrek

I think Voyager started well but it ended better. I agree that there could have been more closure but by golly they filled that two hours up with a heck of a lot of material trying to just get the ship home let alone re-unite every member with their families.

One of the things I appreciated about Voyager was that it attracted a larger core female audience then Trek had before. I can think of many female Trek fans that watch ENT today because they got started watching Voyager. I had suggested to one of my dearest friends, who was a co-worker at the time, that she should watch Voyager and she took my advice. She became a big Star Trek fan because of Janeway and Torres. I wish ENT had something that would attract the female interest because I think the numbers are down mostly because of lack of female viewership. Sure it needs to attract more men but women can love sci-fi if the right interests are there. My wife is living proof of that! :laugh:

Also, on the closure issue....I agree that the new Voyager relaunch books are very good and do provide a lot of closure and well worth reading.

Also, about VOY or DS9 movies it is very unlikely. When Paramount authorized Pocket Books to start a relaunch series for both DS9 and VOY they virtually closed the door on the possibility. The relaunch books are intentionally designed by Pocket Books under Paramount's strict approval to continue both series except in book form. If either series was to have a movie that contradicts the relaunch books you will have a lot of fans very upset. The quality of writing in the relaunch books far exceeds anything ever seen on screen. At least in the DS9 books and I'm not saying that DS9 was a bad show. It was my favorite but the books are even better!

Ktrek

Guest Ktrek
I think that's a very cheap way to go, placing books in the place of a DS9 and/or VOY movie. :flowers: There's plenty of Trek on TV, I'd rather read something new and fresh than more Star Trek.

I'm sorry CJLP BUT I am not placing BOOKS in place of DS9 OR VOY. I think you better read what I stated again and think about it before you make statements you will regret later!!!!!!!!!!!

Ktrek

I think that's a very cheap way to go, placing books in the place of a DS9 and/or VOY movie. :eek: There's plenty of Trek on TV, I'd rather read something new and fresh than more Star Trek.

I'm sorry CJLP BUT I am not placing BOOKS in place of DS9 OR VOY. I think you better read what I stated again and think about it before you make statements you will regret later!!!!!!!!!!!

Ktrek

I was referring to Pocketbooks and Paramount, not you. Sorry for the confusion. :flowers:

Guest Ktrek
I was referring to Pocketbooks and Paramount, not you.  Sorry for the confusion. :eek:
[/color]

I guess both of us are confused! Sorry!

:flowers:

Ktrek

I rate the Pilots, best to worst:

Caretaker

The Emissary

The Cage

Encounter at farpoint

Broken Bow

I would have been content with Endgame had they put in another 60 seconds at the end - some short ceremony after the ship had landed on earth.

Shattered and Homestead felt like finales as well.

Ive noticed a pattern to all trek that with teh exception of TOS it finishes much stronger than it starts.. i didnt like the beginnning of Voy at all.. the ending was much better though

I think near the last 2 seasons the actors really found themselves and their characters as well it finally seemed like a show.. like they bonded i dont think that they had that before.

I certainly think the finish was stronger than the beginning. Caretaker and the and a lot of the first half of the series seemed like retread STOS and STNG eps imo. The show gained its stride and started producing better eps in the late 3rd season.

Definitely a better ending. I generally am not impressed by first seasons, and VOY's was no different. The final season was impressive, IMO.