Sign in to follow this  
Stelfan

Annoying in Generations

When Picard fails to stop Soren he also ends up in the Nexus, however he is able to travel through time with Kirk and stop him..

I don't really see the problem in stopin Soren. If Picard could travel back in time once, why shouldn't he be able to do it again, and again, and again.. He had to succed sometime, he knew what Soren was about to do..

Another strange thing is that if Soren is in the Nexus he should have the same powers as Picard, yet Picard is able to pull him back in time, against his will (I assume Soren wants to stay there).

Does anyone have an explanation?

I always assumed that a "shadow" of Soren was still in the Nexus in the same way that Guinan was too. Because Picard came back in time he didn't have to pull Soren out because at that time Soren wasn't in yet.

There are so many mistakes with the plot in that movie it is rediculous. If Kirk could get into the ribbon without being on a planet, why couldn't Soran. But alas, the writters ignored that and many more things, just so that the movie could exist. I like to movie only for the metorphorical aspects, not the realism of the story, becuase there is none.

There are so many mistakes with the plot in that movie it is rediculous.  If Kirk could get into the ribbon without being on a planet, why couldn't Soran.  But alas, the writters ignored that and many more things, just so that the movie could exist.  I like to movie only for the metorphorical aspects, not the realism of the story, becuase there is none.

They said in the movie that ships that had flown into the Nexus had been destroyed but Kirk wouldn't have been on the ship since there was the breach. He would have been blown into the Nexus. The same way Guinan was in the Nexus before being pulled out and others from refugee ships.

I don't really see the problem in stopin Soren. If Picard could travel back in time once, why shouldn't he be able to do it again, and again, and again.. He had to succed sometime, he knew what Soren was about to do..

How about this: Each time Picard went back in time Soren would know what Picard was going to do to and stop him from succeeding, taking Kirk back was a variable Soren could not have predicted therefore he was at a disadvantage. Thats my guess.

It would make more sense for Picard to travel to when he first met Soran on the Enterprise and Kirk would be alive. However, this would end the movie too easilly. The in story explanation could be that Picard didn't fully understand the nexus and was fixated on returning to the mountain top. As for bringing Soran back? He didn't have to. Picard became the "Picard" that was on the mountain top, Kirk pops back into existance, and Soran is stopped.