Sign in to follow this  
Kor37

Happy Valentine's Day.......NOT!

Happy Valentine's Day. Not!

AP

Posted: 2008-02-15 17:09:03

NORTHGLENN, Colo. (AP) - Undercover police officers posing as flower deliverymen on Valentine' Day arrested 23 people with outstanding warrants.

The Northglenn officers used a van with a sign saying "Flower Delivery" and knocked on doors bearing a long-stem rose box to net their quarry.

"Hello there. Happy Valentine's Day," Officer Matt Hindman told one man wanted in this northern Denver suburb for failing to appear in court on a marijuana possession charge.

The man asked for a pen to sign for delivery. Hindman announced: "Northglenn police undercover, OK? You've got a warrant for your arrest, OK?"

Handcuffed, the man, identified by police as Ronald Madden, chuckled as he told Channel 7 News he'd been fooled.

"Honestly it didn't click with me until I heard, 'Northglenn police' and then he pulled out the badge and I thought, 'Damn you guys are good,"' Madden said.

Sneaky devils!....... <_<

Edited by Kor37

A friend of mine used to deliver summons to people. The rule is if the summons notice touches the person or enters the property it doesn't matter if the recipient signs or not.

One time he approached a house with a dozen roses in his hand. The occupant, an elderly lady who thought she had more people interested in her than she did, asked who sent the flowers. He said "Oh, these are for my girlfriend. This summons is yours."