Sign in to follow this  
MrPsychic

Giants Win 17-14

From Yahoo!:

GLENDALE, Ariz. (AP) -- The Giants had the perfect answer for the suddenly imperfect Patriots: a big, bad defense and an improbable comeback led by their own Mr. Cool quarterback, Eli Manning.

In one of football's biggest shockers, New York shattered New England's unbeaten season as Manning hit Plaxico Burress on a 13-yard fade with 35 seconds left in the Super Bowl. Sunday's 17-14 win was the Giants' 11th straight on the road, and the first time the Patriots tasted defeat in more than a year.

It was the most bitter of losses, too, because New England (18-1) was one play from winning, but its defense couldn't stop a 12-play, 83-yard drive that featured a spectacular leaping catch by David Tyree, who scored New York's first touchdown.

Tom Brady, the league's Most Valuable Player and winner of his first three Super Bowls, was battered all game. He was sacked five times, hurried a dozen more, and at one point wound up on his knees, his hands on his hips following one of many poor throws.

Hardly a familiar position for the record-setting quarterback. And a totally strange outcome for a team that seemed destined for historic glory.

Oddly, it was a loss to the Patriots that sparked New York's stunning run to its third Super Bowl and sixth NFL title. New England won 38-35 in Week 17 as the Patriots became the first team since the 1972 Miami Dolphins to go spotless through the regular season. But by playing hard in a meaningless game for them, the Giants gained something of a swagger.

Their growing confidence carried them through playoff victories at Tampa, Dallas and Green Bay, and then past the mightiest opponent of all.

All I can say is wow, it was a pretty good game.

totally awesome game. my prediction i had came true that the game would come down the last few minutes. i'm surprised how close the game was. i thought the scores would have been higher.

great job giants!!!

Hey, the Giants played a great game and deserved to win..It was my kind of Super Bowl though..Close all the way to the end.. :jem'hadar:

I am so Glad the Cheaters lost

If there is one team I hate its the Patriots

they are proven Cheaters

way to go Giants

Next year Steelers!

It wasn't the ending I expected but it was an exciting ending.

I showed my Patriots DVD cases in the other thread so I'll show my Giants DVD cases here:

Giants_1.JPG

It was a great Super Bowl. Very exciting throughout the game just the way it should be.

I was glad the Giants won. That last touchdown they made was awesome. It was an amazing game. Compared to the Detroit Lions which i am used to watching.

An impressive win by the Giants, who were hot in December and January and kept it going for the Super Bowl! An game that was fun to watch, close, and exciting all the way to the end. Way to go, Giants!

Only low note for me - Bellicheck's interview after the game. Not givng the Giants enough credit, not emphasizing the Patriots' tremendous season, or thanking the Patriots' fans was self absorbed imo just because the result was "disappointing." :jem'hadar:

An impressive win by the Giants, who were hot in December and January and kept it going for the Super Bowl! An game that was fun to watch, close, and exciting all the way to the end. Way to go, Giants!

Only low note for me - Bellicheck's interview after the game. Not givng the Giants enough credit, not emphasizing the Patriots' tremendous season, or thanking the Patriots' fans was self absorbed imo just because the result was "disappointing." :jem'hadar:

I have come to expect this from "The Hoodie".

Classless all the way. :assimilated: