Sign in to follow this  
Kor37

'Pet' Girl kicked Off Bus For Wearing Leash

"Pet" girl kicked off bus for wearing leash Wed Jan 23, 1:24 PM ET

LONDON (Reuters) - A British bus company has apologized to a girl who is led around on a leash by her boyfriend and describes herself as a human pet after one of its drivers threw her off a bus.

Tasha Maltby, 19, told British newspapers she was the "pet" of her 25-year-old fiance Dani Graves.

Pictures showed her dressed in black Gothic-style clothing with silver buckles on a silver chain -- which the driver of a bus from the firm Arriva took exception to.

She told the Daily Mail newspaper Wednesday she was thrown off and told: "We don't let freaks and dogs like you on."

Arriva would not comment on specifics but said it apologized if the couple felt they had been discriminated against. It added, however, that the driver was worried about safety and the company told Maltby to take the leash off in the future.

"We have spoken to the driver who has talked about health and safety," a spokesman said. "Should she be attached to a chain and something happens on the bus, that could be dangerous. All we are saying is that she is very welcome to use the buses but not when she is on her lead."

Maltby -- who lives on state benefits and got engaged in November -- said her choice of lifestyle might seem unusual but was harmless.

"I am a pet," she told the Daily Mail. "I generally act animal-like and I lead a really easy life. I don't cook or clean and I don't go anywhere without Dani. It might seem strange but it makes us both happy. It's my culture and my choice. It isn't hurting anyone."

(Editing by Michael Winfrey)

:yahoo:

Wouldn't she have to be let on in order to do that?

:yahoo:

Edited by WishfireOmega

She lives on "state benefits" - British taxpayers foot the bill for someone to sit home and act "animal like." And I thought our welfare system was bad.

OMG! That's sickening! :yahoo:

She lives on "state benefits" - British taxpayers foot the bill for someone to sit home and act "animal like." And I thought our welfare system was bad.

Well, isn't that one of the things that state benefits and welfare are there for... nutjobs?

Well, isn't that one of the things that state benefits and welfare are there for... nutjobs?

No, if someone is mentally ill and unable to work that's one thing. But there's no indication this woman is mentally ill.

she plainly said it was her choice and her culture. but however, people like her need to get a job to support herself and not expect anything from the state. sooner or later the state itself is just going to leave you high and dry unless you better yourself as a person and also in socitey.

Well unless it's different in Britain, or unless her boyfriend is blind, if she's a "dog" then she ought to understand why she's not allowed on the bus.

People can't have animals on the bus! Duh! :yahoo:

well it really depends on where you are in the world where pets are allowed on transportation systems and not to mention, if the owner is blind or not.

she plainly said it was her choice and her culture. but however, people like her need to get a job to support herself and not expect anything from the state. sooner or later the state itself is just going to leave you high and dry unless you better yourself as a person and also in socitey.

Three thoughts

1. Here Tasha, here Tasha. Good girl! Let's put on your flea collar. ... What do ya mean. Sod off? :(

2. After she breaks up with her fiance and goes to job placement: "What was your lsat job?" "I was a pet."

"... We don't really have much call for that around here!"

3. If they are intimate ... when does she ask if he does that with all the pets? :P :yahoo:

Three thoughts

1. Here Tasha, here Tasha. Good girl! Let's put on your flea collar. ... What do ya mean. Sod off? :(

2. After she breaks up with her fiance and goes to job placement: "What was your last job?" "I was a pet." "... We don't really have much call for that around here!"

3. If they are intimate ... when does she ask if he does that with all the pets? :P :yahoo:

Edited by trekz