Sign in to follow this  
prometheus

Smallville and Charmed

Smallville is currently my favourite show on television. It has great story lines, a brilliant cast and is a lot more intelligent thatn you would expect. The premise of good and evil is heavily blurred to illustrate how in life, there is no real right our wrong, and just our ow perception of what is good and bad. Lex Luthor is not simply 'a bad man' and Clark 'the good guy'. Indeed the last season ended with Clark making a decision that could be classified as very bad indeed. While Lex suffers at the hands of his pushy manipulative father. The story lines swing from semi-continuous to one offs, with a good over all sense of direction. Next season i look forward to .....

Click for Spoiler:

the arrival of business rival to Lex, Bruce Wayne (Batman) and Lois Lane.

Charmed is another series that has grown on me. I started watching the new series on one channel, and a much older series on another channel. Again, once you get to know the characters, the show does grow on you. But it feels more like 'one for the girls' in it's kick *buttocks* girl power action and boyfriend trouble. The Halliwell Girls do have a certain 'charm' however, that is appealing. And the storylines are fairly upbeat.

Any comments?

Edited by prometheus

I don't watch smallville but I do like charmed I am watching the new ones on the wb as well as the repeats on tnt and I do think that it is for both male and female as they are diffently eye candy.

I don't watch Charmed but I do agree with you on Smallville, it's a good show watching Clark growing up and getting used to his new powers, and seeing Lex, at times not a bad man as he is in the films.

If you are right about the next season with the arrival of Lois Lane, Batman and the rival to Lex, that should be a good season to watch.

Im a huge fan of smallville and watch Charmed whenever I realize its on. Uh, Dontcha think it's a bit early for Lois Lane to be showing up? Sue me if I step on toes here..but just how much older are they planning on making her? Or are they going to change the history between the characters? Wayne, well that'll be cool especialy if they do the whole 'hint hint I'm a superhero' thing.

I enjoy Smallville too,but this season they are showing it at the same time Enterprise is on,so I may have to wait until Enterprise's 3rd season ends before I can catch any new Smallville episodes.