Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

Booze-Fueled Fight Forces South Pole Evacuation

There are actually enough people in the South Pole for a bar?

During the summer the station population is typically over 200. Most personnel leave by the middle of February, leaving several dozen (86 in 2005) "winter-overs", mostly support staff plus a few scientists, who keep the station functional through the months of Antarctic night. The winter personnel are isolated between mid-February and late October. Wintering-over offers notorious dangers and stresses, as the station population is almost totally isolated. The station is completely self-sufficient, and powered by three generators running on JP-8 jet fuel.

-------------------------------------------------

200 people - plenty to support a bar, or two :dude::yahoo: And worse case scenario, if the booze runs out, there's always the JP-8 jet fuel. :P

Edited by reindeertrekzonnewsnow

Actually, according to "Modern Drunkard" magazine, all these scientists do up there is drink. There is an incredible amount of down time between experiments and these guys seem to have an endless supply of liquer.

It wasn't me!

Oh, wait...

No, it wasn't.

Or was it...?

Edited by NutcrackerOmega

Actually, according to "Modern Drunkard" magazine, all these scientists do up there is drink. There is an incredible amount of down time between experiments and these guys seem to have an endless supply of liquer.

Three questions Kor: 1. Do you have a subscription to "Modern Drunkard" magazine? 2. Is this the major source of your beer-related news? 3. Where does one get a subscription to "Modern Drunkard" magazine? :yahoo:

Three questions Kor: 1. Do you have a subscription to "Modern Drunkard" magazine? 2. Is this the major source of your beer-related news? 3. Where does one get a subscription to "Modern Drunkard" magazine? :dude:

Glad to help! Here ya go:

www.moderndrunkardmagazine.com

For an article dealing with the topic here, scroll down to the July/August 2004 issue.

ENJOY!

Yes....I DO have a subscription....... :yahoo:

Edited by Kor Kringle

UP there?

Kor always has a hard time with his ups and downs...

these (I'm trying to misspell a badword but can't)en guys are awesome. I mean, they have potentially dangerous chemicals.. they are in the middle of a freezing cold tundra... so lets get (I'm trying to misspell a badword but can't)en hammered!!!! we'll take the snow-cat thingy out for a burn around the place!!!! wooooo, drive by snow balling!!!!!