Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MrPsychic

Creation Convention Pricing

Still the same insane prices for the gold package. Still the same insane people willing to pay that price :roflmao:

There are cheaper tickets than the gold tickets..But they will still sell out..If Creation doesn't sell all their tickets then the conventions will stop and I would hate for that to happen..Like the convention tickets, there are cheaper DVD sets than the new HD DVD sets..I'm finding it hard to believe that anyone is going to spend that much money on Star Trek DVDs..

Still the same insane prices for the gold package. Still the same insane people willing to pay that price :roflmao:

I was surprised the price hadn't climbed.

Creation has always been a money grubbing company. Thank goodness that there are still fan-run conventions out there. Our con here is Baltimore, Shore Leave, has always been a fan run con.

Creation cons are way overpriced for what you get. Creation used to be an independent company then they struck a deal with Paramount to be the official Star Trek conventions. They both are just trying to milk fans for every last cent they can. Support a fan run con instead, with Shore Leave and Clippercon (now Farpoint)we chased Creation's slimy butts out of Baltimore back in the 80's.

:)

I agree that Creation is getting overpriced. But after attending the London Film and Comic Con, I can appreciate what Creation does deliver, which is lots of guests: (big guests like Shatner, Nimoy, Mulgrew, Brooks, etc, medium guests, and lots of guest stars of the past). They generally run organized conventions, you almost always get the autographs you wanted (which is one of my interests), they provide photo ops (not my cup of tea, but many love them), they have some pretty good combos of guests - the Sisko family, Nimoy and Shatner together, etc. Their venues are clean, they have generally good sound systems and bells and whistles of videos, music, etc.

The London Film and Comic Con was fun, the price was reasonable, I got some great autographs and heard some very interesting talks. But the venue was old, with pitted concrete floors, no carpets, a sound system that acted up (I walked out of one talk where I just couldn't hear), a horrible system of arranging lines for autographs, including signs that couldn't be read unless you were a few yards away, and an inability to announce the number being served without shouting in some cases. I got the autographs I wanted, but it was stressful and annoying.

You don't get that at Creation. They certainly charge a lot, but they do deliver a generally quality product.

I paid for Gold tickets this past year at Las Vegas. Were I to attend again, (and I do not plan to next year), I would probably go back to Captain's Chair tickets. Of the included autographs, there were really just three that I really coveted. While I got my autographs ahead of the Captains Chair and regular ticket holders, I still had to wait a fairly long time, and the party was very crowded with little seating unless you lined up way ahead of time.

But the dessert party was fun, the concert was fine, the talks were great, and I saw lots of great guests. Plus I got to see Athena and SpaceTigger - which is priceless :) Creation cons are not cheap and they could do a bit better, but they do deliver a lot. In the last two years at Vegas I've seen tons of guests I would never have seen at smaller cons. You do need to bring lots of money, but you do get entertainment in return. That said, five days of convention is crazy imo, and the only guests that could get me back to Vegas next year would be Whoopi Goldberg and Ricardo Montaban, and I doubt that 's happening! :)