Should there be cameos from each of the other series in the new movie?

And if so, who?

I say that there shouldn't be - it may make the Trek Universe way too small (like Colonel Worf in Star Trek VI TUC)

HOWever, just for fun :look: I would like to suggest the following:

ENT: An older T'Pol, say as advisor to Sarek or perhaps his predecessor as Ambassador to Earth

TNG: Q - of course, you'd just love to see him lurking and being pass-remarkable, or perhaps in disguise without the other characters never knowing who he really is...

DS9: Dax - in an earlier incarnation (the one that was mentioned in Trials and Tribbleations as having a 'classic' tricorder)

VOY: An ancestor of Tuvok - could be a friend of T'Pol

That is just a playful suggestion but maybe you could think up better ones...

If there were to be any cameos, I would hope that they're very brief and with little or no lines.

I don't believe they have the time to put in a lot of "Character" cameos. I have no doubt that there will be some but not many. I DO believe that every one of the original cast should have a cameo in the film, not playing their character but just to be in it in some capacity. An admiral, perhaps or something else.

I know that having character cameos from all the series would be very cheesey and wreck the film. But the question was just posed FOR FUN...