Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

Canadians leave clothes behind

foxnews

NIAGARA, N.Y. — Canadian shoppers taking advantage of the parity between the U.S. and Canadian dollars are leaving behind more than cash when the head home.

They're leaving behind their old clothes.

Some Canadian shoppers wear their new clothes home to avoid paying a duty when they cross back into Canada. The old clothes get left behind in parking lots, dressing rooms and restrooms at malls and shopping plazas in the Buffalo-Niagara Falls region.

At the Fashion Outlets mall just outside the city of Niagara Falls, managers have placed collection bins near the exits where Canadians customers can deposit their unwanted items.

The clothing is then given to Community Missions of Niagara Frontier.

Clothing bins have also been placed at the Walden Galleria in suburban Cheektowaga.

Whatever it takes to save paying the duty, ay?

Cheektowaga? That has the potential as a punchline to some kind of joke featuring wagas :lol:

can't blame them i guess. i haven't noticed any of that around my area. we did have a news story about canadians coming to shop locally. and how it's good for the local economy. can't blame them for doing it. i'd probably do the same thing too if the situation was reversed... i love the the idea of donating the old clothes to charity. it's sort of a weird win win situation i guess.