Sign in to follow this  
Angela

Futon or Sofabed?

Futon or sofabed?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Futon or sofabed

• Futon
    • Sofabed

I am going to be moving soon into a bedsit, also known as a studio flat or flat with no bedroom. Therefore I need something other than my couch to sleep on. Therefore I am asking what do you think is best. A futon, a slated fold away two seater bed or a sofa bed (a couch that becomes a bed)? Let me know why for your choice.

So far, every sofa bed I've slept on has been painful. The matress is always thin so that it can fold back into the couch. Because of that, I always feel the metal supports digging into my back when I lay on one. I've never tried a futon but it has to be better than a sofa bed.

I've had both.

I prefer the Sofa-bed.

They're made better than they used to be.

Edited by Gummy

I would say sofabed if only because it saves space. If you are moving into a studio you won't have a lot of space to work with,

Wouldn't a futon that folds into the wall save even more space?

I would say sofabed if only because it saves space. If you are moving into a studio you won't have a lot of space to work with,

Wouldn't a futon that folds into the wall save even more space?

Since when do futons fold into the wall? I thought futons were those couches that you could lower the back to turn into a double bed.

Personally, I'd rather have one of those couches that are like big bowls made out of a cushion. Those are the best. I have no idea what they're called, though.

Futons are much more comfortable and as a bonus are a lot less expensive than a sofabed. Another point in favor of futons is that there is no complicated mechanism to go bad or break.