Sign in to follow this  
bevfanK

Closure

OK I was watching Skin of Evil on TNN.. When I was watching the end Tasha's service the first thing I thought was Data's little service was pathetic.. I think it would have been cool if they had done something like that for Data... I mean wouldn't you think that all or most officers would make something like that? Jack Crusher made a tape thing for Wesley in the event that he died.. I'm done ranting now so what does every one else think.. all hail Bev :wow:

I think it would have been nicer to have had a ceremony for Data. I think Data might have prefered something like the wake he had planned for Geordi when they thought he and Ro had died in The Next Phase. Of course with having just survived the trauma of battle and loss the wake might not have been very appropriate at that time. I prefer to think that what was in Nemesis was a private ceremony for his closest friends and that another ceremony was/will be held to honour his memory.

I do think that in a sence Data would want them to be happy for him because he was always worried he would live longer than his friends..

The toast was nice, but he gave his life for more then jsut the bridge crew. I am sure that if i were part of that crew and had been left out of that goodbye, i would ahve been very hurt and angry. Data was a member of that crew for so long that he would have known jsut about everyone on that ship. The 'to know him is to love him" speech fits Data better then it ever did Ira Graves, so i think jsut about every soul on that ship would have wanted to at lease be able to turn on their viewer and see a service for Data. There had to ahve been one and perhaps even one done by Star Fleet where they honored him Posthumously.

amen lessa, lol bevfank! I also thought his service was garbage. I mean, if ti was a little after-service between friends, it would have been sweet, but the way it was it was ridiculous! He was the best character! (if you don';t agree, ignore this comment, ok?) He was everyone's friend! HE JUST SAVED EARTH!! (not to mention the Enterprise and all our beloved characters!!)

I didn't really think that we saw Data's "full service" in Nemesis. My view of it was that what we saw was just his close friends coming together in a quiet envoirment to honor their close friend. I had assumed that he had most likely recieved a full service at one point or another that the whole crew could have attended. It's only speculation on my part of course...

OK I was watching Skin of Evil on TNN..  When I was watching the end Tasha's service the first thing I thought was Data's little service was pathetic..  I think it would have been cool if they had done something like that for Data...  I mean wouldn't you think that all or most officers would make something like that?  Jack Crusher made a tape thing for Wesley in the event that he died..  I'm done ranting now so what does every one else think..        all hail Bev :wow:

That's exactly what I thought, bevfank, when I watched Skin of Evil again. There are a few things wrong with Nemesis and that was definitely one of them. Data deserved better. I think they kind of cheapened his death by not acknowledging it further. At the very least they could have said a few more things about him like Riker did when he was trying to remember the name of the tune Data was whistling when he first met Data.