Sign in to follow this  

you can see the trailer for the movie here . There is a lot of speculation about what this movie is going to be about. A lot of people, in which I'm hoping, is that this movie is going to be a kaiju film. Kaiju, for those that don't know, is a giant monster film (like Godzilla). I'm a big fan of kaiju films, which is where my name "Gamera" comes from, so I hope that it is

:P Wow. I remember seeing a trailer for that at Transformers, (though they did not share the title then) I remember thinking: "Opening day!"

It looks promising.

These marketing campaigns which are cryptic I find are more interesting because they don't give everything away.

They can backfire though. Like "Godzilla" did in 1998.

very very scary! I just got back from seeing it and I now understand why people are always running from Godzilla and other kaiju in those movies. It is scary! Definitely a must see, especially on the big screen and loud speakers of the theater!!!

very very scary! I just got back from seeing it and I now understand why people are always running from Godzilla and other kaiju in those movies. It is scary! Definitely a must see, especially on the big screen and loud speakers of the theater!!!

But more importantly.........DID YOU SEE THE STAR TREK TRAILER???

But more importantly.........DID YOU SEE THE STAR TREK TRAILER???

Yes, I did, it was awe inspiring. I do agree that the movie was very creepy and pretty good.

Saw this movie last night! I give it credit for being original. I enjoyed it. However I see a few sequels coming out this one.

On the other hand- there were some cheers for the Star Trek Trailer!!!

Every trailer I see for Cloverfield is creepier than the previous one! I hope my husband and I can afford to see it.

BTW Gamera, I found a link for Kaiju Boilogy! I'm also a fan. :)

cool site :clap:

I'm telling ya, you guys need to see the movie. #1 for the weekend! Like one critic said, it is like a theme park ride. It is a scary film that you will actually feel like you are there, which makes it even better

i've been reading about people falling ill while watching the movie. mentioning stuff about motion sickness. i think i'm waiting till the dvd. i really don't feel like taking motion sickness medication just in case just to watch a movie.

it does look good but i'll wait for the dvd.

It was a good movie. I liked how it didn't jump around scene after scene and was shot from the one camera. I was originally just going to see the Star Trek trailer. In the end I stayed and watched and found out it was pretty good. One question though, why is it always new york being destroyed?