Sign in to follow this  
Kor37

Woman Keeps Hait Appointment After Crash

Woman Keeps Hair Appointment After Crash

AP

Posted: 2007-11-16 17:36:53

SOLDOTNA, Alaska (AP) - A woman on her way to hair appointment crashed her car through the hair salon. Della Miller, 73, crashed into the Tina's Hair Pros's windows Wednesday, knocking one customer six feet across the room, Soldotna police officer Marvin Towle said. The parking area in front of the salon was snow-covered.

Miranda Nelson, a stylist, said she was in the back room when she heard the crash.

"I thought a bomb had gone off," Nelson said.

Two large plate-glass windows were destroyed, walls were damaged, and the stonework front outside the salon was smashed, police said. Towle estimated damage to the building to be at least $15,000, and the car at another $2,500.

Miller, who was not injured, was not cited for the crash.

She proceeded with her hair appointment.

I wouldn't have kept my appointment. I would have been too scared that they would have shaved me bald for wrecking the place!

One time I saw an old man crash into a flower bed wall outside a fast food restaurant, inspect the damage, and he had the audacity to walk up and order his food as if nothing happened.

I gave the manager his license plate number and my phone number if he needed a witness.

When we first moved into this neighborhood we went into a nearby restaurant and an odd couple came in with a baby - they ate and left. Before we left a fireman walked in and asked if anybody had seen the people who hit the building! We went out and noticed some firemen by the back of the building by this vehicle resting against the building, where a huge crack was visible!