Sign in to follow this  
Kor37

George Lucas Plans 'Star Wars' TV Series

George Lucas Plans 'Star Wars' TV Series

AP

Posted: 2007-10-17 19:46:54

LOS ANGELES (AP) - The Force may soon be coming to a television near you. George Lucas is planning a live-action television series spinoff of the "Star Wars" film franchise. Lucas told The Los Angeles Times he has "just begun work" on the series, which will not include the films' major characters Luke Skywalker or Darth Vader.

"The Skywalkers aren't in it, and it's about minor characters," Lucas told the Times on Tuesday.

Lucas wouldn't reveal details, but joked that the series would be about "the life of robots."

Lucas, 63, already has another television series in the works. Lucasfilm Animation has been working for months on the computer-animated "Star Wars: The Clone Wars."

:) :) :)

If there's a demand for more Star Wars, one can't really blame Lucas for sticking with it. The Star Wars franchise is hugely flexible in terms of what eras can be explored with TV shows.

I hope it doesn't turn out to be another, "Ewoks."

Or worse, the "Star Wars Holiday Special".

Actually, one of the Ewok shows had a character who said he was from Earth, or had been to Earth, or something like that. I guess Lucas wasn't paying attention that day.

I hope it doesn't turn out to be another, "Ewoks."

Or worse, the "Star Wars Holiday Special".

Actually, one of the Ewok shows had a character who said he was from Earth, or had been to Earth, or something like that. I guess Lucas wasn't paying attention that day.

Maybe, maybe not. After all, the E.T. aliens were seen in AotC.

Imo, the new SW tv series will be great! I have heard many interesting possibilites about the fate of characters both major and minor from the prequel trilogy being explored here. I look forward to what the series will bring us. :)