Sign in to follow this  
Kor37

Jones Soda Offers NFL Fans The Taste Of Victory, Field Turf

Jones Soda (JSDA) offers NFL fans the taste of victory, field turf

Posted Sep 28th 2007 2:40PM by Michael Fowlkes

Have you ever watched your favorite NFL team and thought to yourself, "I wonder what their locker room tastes like?" The creative team at Jones Soda Co. (NASDAQ: JSDA) is thinking Seattle Seahawks fans have, and has designed a few new sodas that will offer its drinkers just such a taste experience as Perspiration and Dirt.

Seattle-based Jones Soda began taking online pre-orders yesterday for its new soda flavors that it thinks accurately reflects the hard work of professional football players. I don't know about you ... but I have personally never watched football and found myself wondering what the players' sweat would smell like, much less taste like. But if by some chance you have found yourself obsessed with not knowing the taste of such things, you are in luck!

Welcome to the world of Perspiration soda. According to company spokeswoman Clare Bowles, the new Perspiration brand soda is "kind of salty tasting," and perhaps even more tempting to your taste buds, it has a "stinky football sock" finish. Wow ... my prayers have been answered!!! I never would have dreamed that my desire for a drink with a stinky football sock aftertaste would be fulfilled.

OK, so maybe Perspiration isn't the taste you are after. Maybe you're looking for something a little easier to the palette. You can choose one of the other new flavors that the company is offering up like, say ... Dirt, Sports Cream or Natural Field Turf. Hmm, not sure which one appeals to me more, the dirt or the sports cream. Decisions, decisions.

I think personally I would choose to try out the last of the new flavors ... Sweet Victory. This flavor is supposed to possess a berry flavor, which is more appealing to me than the effect one would get when being "tackled really hard, you're down on the ground and you get a little bit of the grass in your teeth." That's, apparently, is the Natural Turf taste.

:) :) :lol:

Grass and dirt I have had in the form of jelly beans, wasn't that bad. The grass was actually kind of good.

It's worth saying that in Asia there is a type of drink made from grass. I haven't had it but I could see the appeal. Probably involved in that flavor.

As for the others... no thank you. Salty, maybe, but not the "stinky football sock". Not sure what that would be... perhaps surfer. In fact I could see the whole thing being flavored with black salt. It would fit the description.

I've never had Jones Soda before and I'm not sure that I want to try it.

No way.

Their strawberry-lime is the pinnacle of soda goodness. Cherry and fufu berry are decent. Their grape tastes like kids' cough medicine and their root bear and cream sodas are good if you like that stuff, or so I've been told.

Their Thanksgiving dinner flavors are surrealistically delicious.

Edited by Charface

Jones is known for their bizarre flavors and seasonal offerings (like turkey & gravy around Christmas).

I drink very little soda. When I do, I love Jones' cream soda. Don't think I'll be sampling field turf.

I've never had Jones Soda before and I'm not sure that I want to try it.

No way.

Their strawberry-lime is the pinnacle of soda goodness. Cherry and fufu berry are decent. Their grape tastes like kids' cough medicine and their root bear and cream sodas are good if you like that stuff, or so I've been told.

Their Thanksgiving dinner flavors are surrealistically delicious.

Dude, it's all about the Blue Bubblegum flavor.

Perhaps NFL teams should be made to drink their turf, or stinky socks flavors after each loss. That could be a powerful motivating tool! :hug:

Only stuff like this comes from Seattle...

I agree. Nothing normal comes out of Seattle.

:)

Only stuff like this comes from Seattle...

I agree. Nothing normal comes out of Seattle.

:)

Thats where Capt_Picard hails from......isn't it?.......... :)