Sign in to follow this  
prometheus

Deanna's outfits

Her outfits werent really uniforms but she only had, like four. The plum coloured jump suit, the blue one, the blue frock and boots, and another i believe. I mean. Why not have one each day? Hello. Replicator.....

People seem to be more frugal in the future. Perhaps it's the lack of closet space on a starship? :dude:

She did seem to have other outfits when Tasha was going through her closet in The Naked Now. Remember that dress when she had the Bride of Frankenstein hair in Man of the People. We did see work out outfits - a leotard and the one for Klingon martial arts.

I can remember...

1. The blue miniskirt w/ go-go boots ("The Cheerleader Outfit" as it was called) from Encounter at Farpoint

2. The gray Chairman Mao outfir from Season One.

3. The Maroon leotard and the gray one

4. The Green (actually more Aquamarine) dress and the Blue one.

5. The regulation uniform that Jellico made her wear, which she continued wearing afterwards (and, I thought, looked best in.)

I actually watched The naked now only yesterday.

In my opinion Tasha only "tries on" fabrics and no actual out fits...

Kes most be the the character with most out fits, no? She has some reallu nifty stuff!

Who needs a closet when you've got a replicator?

:dude: I thought the same thing. If I had a replicator all the crap piled up around me would be so molecularized!

I have to agree that she looked best in her starfleet uniform.  I guess is that the other outfits were the first atempts at a cat suit.

I agree w/ that completely, but you'll never hear the teeth-gnashing and breast beating over it that you will from Voyager bashers over Seven's various outfits. (And, just for the record, she looked hotter in a regulation Starfleet uniform, also.)

I like the aqua dress.. Was a nice dress without.. well.. showing too much.

But I agree... Uniform look really really good :-)

Same with Seven.

I don't know, they maybe want the woman to be too sexy.. lol

If I was her, to return to my point, I would have had a different outfit each week. R-E-P-L-I-C-A-T-O-R!!!!!! I know it may have cost a lot in production terms (good Lord, did u know how much each episode cost!!!) but they could have afforded a new frock ech week for Deanna. No probs....

I just recently saw Marina at a con and she talked about how the "Sexier" her clothes got, the dumber her character got. When she was in her official uniform Trio was leading away teams and reminding Data and Riker of technical informationthey should have known. It was hysterical and i wish i had a tape running so i could post it verbatium.

I don't understand why she was never in a uniform in the first place. It seemed rather stupid to have her in those outfits when she was an officer. If they wanted to show a little skin, they have ten-forward for crying out loud. And seven of nine looked better in a uniform also.

(fredbroca @ Aug 25 2003, 12:50 AM)

I have to agree that she looked best in her starfleet uniform.  I guess is that the other outfits were the first atempts at a cat suit.

Commander Stone:

I agree w/ that completely, but you'll never hear the teeth-gnashing and breast beating over it that you will from Voyager bashers over Seven's various outfits. (And, just for the record, she looked hotter in a regulation Starfleet uniform, also.)

????

First version of a catsuit? Uh-huh... Haven't seen one episode of TOS then?

Edited by Red Shirt Volunteer

She is a Betazoid,right?Why wear clothes at all?

:P :clap::wow: :lol:

Or am I thinking about Ferengi women? :dude:

In that case...Moogie please keep your clothes ON!!!!!

:bow:

Deanna Troi is half-Betazoid, and the only get naked for weddings.

Anywho, she had several outfits, but since she's a counselor, she had to look professional. Picard gave her the luxury of not having to wear a uniform since she was the ship's counselor, so people would be more comfortable with her. She didn't have to wear a uniform full time till Season 6 or 7, when she became a bridge officer.

If I was her, to return to my point, I would have had a different outfit each week. R-E-P-L-I-C-A-T-O-R!!!!!! I know it may have cost a lot in production terms (good Lord, did u know how much each episode cost!!!) but they could have afforded a new frock ech week for Deanna. No probs....

It seems that in the future, fassion just isn't cared much about. They just want to look nice, and that's about it. :o

I always found Troi's outfits very flattering of her physique,and attractive.I even liked the infamous intergalactic cheerleader uniform from the first season.But all of this,could just be a result of my own attraction to the character and my appreciation of her beauty,and the character's personality.I must say,however,that I did think she looked fantastic in Generations,wearing the standard duty uniform.

Marina Sirtis is an extraordinary woman.

If I may..watch as I delve into the world where Trek is real. Maybe besides that fact that they wanted to sell sex on TNG to attract more male viewers , it could have possibly been that Troi being an alien with views and beliefes and thoughts that are not similar with human standards did not truly enjoy being clothed the entire time. I could be grasping at straws, but with lesser clothing and outfits she was comfertable wearing, she was able to ignore her uncomfertability.

To be honest I thought that she wore a 'lay' outfit as she never really carried out any military duties. She was never at a control panel or anything.