Sign in to follow this  
Kor37

Man Hits Wife In Head With Onion

Man Hits Wife in Head With an Onion

AP

Posted: 2007-09-20 16:51:43

DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - A man was arrested after he hit his wife in the back of the head with an onion. James Izzolena, 54, of Des Moines, had been drinking, became upset with his wife, Nicole Izzolena, 27, and threw an onion at her during an argument on Wednesday, police said.

Police said James Izzolena admitted throwing the onion at his wife but said he didn't mean to hit her.

His wife told police it made her head hurt.

I wonder which hurt more?....the onion?.....or the hangover?........ :)

Getting beaned with an onion? How corny! I'm sure he'll mind his peas and q's in the future though, once news of this leeks out.

:) That one is worthy of TrekZ,,,,,,Well Done!.. :)

Getting beaned with an onion? How corny! I'm sure he'll mind his peas and q's in the future though, once news of this leeks out.

Sure hope he can apease his wife. She didn't get hurt too bad though, since I heard she had her hair in corn rows. But she sure didn't cotton too much to getting hit.

Way to beat me to the punch, ybhyr! :)

She seems a bit thin skinned to me - but I'm sure there are many layers to this story. You could say he was "yellow" for claiming he didn't mean to hit her but he'll probably feel abit "green" when he sees his fine; either way he's really in a "pickle" (as in piclkling.) He better flash those "pearl"y whites and say I'm sorry. At least this happened in Des Moines and not Vidalia, GA.

More details are emerging: apparently this man was listening to the song by B.B. King - Green Onions. He started to tear up, his wife interupted him, and then he just went nuts. It's a crying shame, but it's just another garden variety domestic spat.

Pssst... "Green Onions" is by Booker T. & the MG's, not B.B. King. Just lettin' that bulb go on over your head.

You are correct. I stand corrected.

Edited by trekz