Sign in to follow this  
ConnorExum

Death Alley Driver...

Have We The Fans Of Enterprise Been Dupped By It's Producers And Writers

I think we have. The producers and writers of this new series have continuely reused and rehashed previous concepts in Star Trek so much so that it's almost like watching reruns. They seem to be fixated with redoing all the past episodes of Star Trek's past glories. So much so that even the two alien characters on the crew of Enterprise are basically just mish moshed bits and pieces of already existing characters. What are Rick and Brannon thinking? Really I want to know.

Take for example T'Pol... A true full blooded vulcan. Yet she acts less logical then any other vulcan ever shown. Her character is that of Data basically just wrapped up in a really nice body... She attempts to understand humanity and almost attempts to be more like it. If that isn't a paradox of so called Vulcan nature I don't know what is. She's the vulcan that wants to be human it seems...

Pholx is another character that is a cross between being Worf a semiadjusted stranger in a strangeland and a Nelix type comic relief with too much fur... The Pholx Worf similarity is primarily concerning his work ethic and strong cultural identy. The Nelix factor is more in how they use him. He rarely ever plays a role that is completely forceful or serious nor do the writers attempt to make him seem serious. He's always sort of aloof doing a serious job yet never serious about it. Unlike the other doctor characters of the past like Bones and Crusher. All very serious about the work ; very cut and dry doctors for the most part.... Nothing has been done like that with Pholx so far and it's limited his impact actually. He's almost laughable but in a way that's not reaching the audience as intended.

The rest of the show is flat too... Far too many burrowed episode ideas. Especially from the original. Hell, it seems at times that all we're really watching is a remake of the original series . Archer has been captured more times then you can throw a stick at... His ship is been beaten up more times then I care to count. His moral stances have all been made before. Yet some how now they just seem to be flat when he makes them... I wonder if Enterprise is just a victim of the success that the other serieses had? All the vital ideas are used up and now the formula needs to be changed but it can't be without destroying the sense of continuity to many fans... So what fans get instead are reused ideas in new pretty packages.

Have We The Fans Of Enterprise Been Dupped By It's Producers And Writers?

Have the creators of the SSTC dupped onetime loyal and true fans?

The producers and writers of this new series have continuely reused and rehashed previous concepts in Star Trek so much so that it's almost like watching reruns. So much so that even the two alien characters on the crew of Enterprise are basically just mish moshed bits and pieces of already existing characters.

This is new? I don't think so. Episodes have been rehashed into new stories since TOS, remember The Menagerie? EEK! An OS episode doing such a sacrilege! You get the point, if it was good enough for The Bird why should we gripe? Never mind! Has'nt Trek evolved more into a story telling medium, is that what you are upset about, continuity has been replaced with telling the same moral storys with new twists and turns, more "well what if it went like this instead"?

Take for example T'Pol... A true full blooded vulcan. Yet she acts less logical then any other vulcan ever shown. Her character is that of Data basically just wrapped up in a really nice body... She attempts to understand humanity and almost attempts to be more like it. If that isn't a paradox of so called Vulcan nature I don't know what is. She's the vulcan that wants to be human it seems...

What about Odo, was'nt he a melding together of both Spock and Data?

T'Pol wants to be human? So what! Seems to me they have re-captured one of the longest standing Trek examinations of the human condition with another new twist.

Spock rejected his Human half for decades, Why? Perhaps Spock knows of some tragedy that befell T’Pol for her strange experiments. Have you been at the SSTC for so long you have forgotten how to think like a Trekker? ENT is on the cutting edge of taking Trek type characters to fresh perspectives.

Pholx is another character that is a cross between being Worf a semiadjusted stranger in a strangeland and a Nelix type comic relief with too much fur... The Pholx Worf similarity is primarily concerning his work ethic and strong cultural identy. The Nelix factor is more in how they use him. He rarely ever plays a role that is completely forceful or serious nor do the writers attempt to make him seem serious. He's always sort of aloof doing a serious job yet never serious about it. Unlike the other doctor characters of the past like Bones and Crusher. All very serious about the work ; very cut and dry doctors for the most part.... Nothing has been done like that with Pholx so far and it's limited his impact actually. He's almost laughable but in a way that's not reaching the audience as intended.

I love Phlox, he is an Alien Doctor, that is something we have not seen before and while it's true there can be comparisons drawn between him and another Trek Alien I feel Phlox is everything the other Alien should have been and much more, a vast improvement on that type of character and his development is progressing slowly but surely. Did you see the episodes The Breach and (I think it was Dear Doctor), excellent episode showcasing what is possible with this character. You are acting on behalf of the SSTC right, going out to sites and trying to recruit fans to your cause by only focusing on the negative?

The rest of the show is flat too... Far too many burrowed episode ideas. Especially from the original. Hell, it seems at times that all we're really watching is a remake of the original series . Archer has been captured more times then you can throw a stick at... His ship is been beaten up more times then I care to count. His moral stances have all been made before. Yet some how now they just seem to be flat when he makes them... I wonder if Enterprise is just a victim of the success that the other serieses had? All the vital ideas are used up and now the formula needs to be changed but it can't be without destroying the sense of continuity to many fans... So what fans get instead are reused ideas in new pretty packages.

I cant believe you said that, I have been wanting a series that recaptures the feel of TOS ever since TNG was first announced, I thought that was what we going to get but as good as TNG was, it was never TOS. Each following series has held the promise of doing the same, getting back to the roots but always going their own way with the exception of a few Homages. Hell I say tack on the original soundtrack effects and lets do some serious re-hashing of the Classic! Bam! Bam! Bam! Bam! Bam! Bam! Bam! Bam! Bam! Bam! Bam! :lol:

All the vital ideas are used up

:dude: Perhaps for some, the imagination necessary to appreciate what we are getting is used up. Live Long and Prosper.

Alterego,

You're the perfect example of the diehard Enterprise fan. You think constructive critism is bashing and that the show should be nothing more then a remake of ST:TOS. ST:TNG was so refreshing after the first 3 seasons because it did break up the formula some. It's character's were more dynamic and the storylines more developed. Which is why Enterprise lacks developed storylines because they're just reruns of the original series. Why would anyone want to see basically the original series remade with a new crew? That's not interesting at all. That's not creative. Nor, is it all that imagintive on the parts of the writers/producers. For the viewers to want to see that, means only one thing, the average viewer really can't be all that interested in creative storylines either. Otherwise they would be demanding a more original direction for Enterprise to take.

When I first heard Enterprise was going to be in the 22nd century I thought it was a fanstatic idea. I liked the idea of watching a series where they constructed the foundations of the all preceeeding series in fictional chronological order. I fully realized that it would have a less polished aspect to it and the captain would be the iconic model for all future captains. What I didn't want to see is what's happened. It's got the basic storyline of the original series with a cowboy captain but it trys to have the polished modern moral stance of the later ST:TNG period. That doesn't work. It's like watching Kirk trying to be Picard and Picard trying to be Cowboy... The two series were written at very different times for very different auidence demographics. Gene Roddenberry even said so. He called the Original a "Wagon Train To The Stars". The next series really was a more accurate and better view of his original idea. Of course 20 years inbetween them didn't hurt and the state of the franchise gave the creative staff the budget for the special effects and so on they wanted for ST:TNG that they never had in ST:TOS. Yet, overall ST:TNG was by far the best series they've developed from the original.

Enterprise could be great but it needs to alter the formula a bit. They need to be grittier and less polished while not going so far as to being nothing more then space cowboys. I know this may annoy people but the ST:TOS was by far the poorest of the any series in the franchise. It's plots were plodding and predictable with too many gimmicky devices in them that were supposedly used for drama. Not that I'm saying they didn't have some excellent ones because they did. But the majority of the episodes I find from ST:TOS to be as described above. The same thing this happening to Enteprise too. Only because it's a total rip off of most of TOS's episodes.

Enterprise needs to get into new bold direction. Realism. Gritty realism when it comes to character reactions. No more half way just really interesting well thought actions must be taken by the characters to any action. No more knights on white horses saving the day. Sometimes the characters need to straddle the line and almost seem to cross it. Remember human nature isn't something that's easily negated so it shouldn't be it should be used to build the storyline. Not just omitted because it doesn't always fit what Star Trek means.

A lot of the charm of Trek is that it's familiar, an old story retold... in a lot of episodes, we know how it's gonna end-- but how will it get there? That's what I, for one, love about it.

Have We The Fans Of Enterprise Been Dupped By It's Producers And Writers

I think we have. The producers and writers of this new series have continuely reused and rehashed previous concepts in Star Trek so much so that it's almost like watching reruns. They seem to be fixated with redoing all the past episodes of Star Trek's past glories. So much so that even the two alien characters on the crew of Enterprise are basically just mish moshed bits and pieces of already existing characters. What are Rick and Brannon thinking? Really I want to know.

Hmmm... The first time I saw TNG, I immediately thought that Data was a reincarnation of Spock - someone struggling to some extent in their work with humans. Every series has kind of done this to some extent. It's a basic plot device used to provide a different sort of conversation than that which would occur between two humans familiar with each other's culture to a larger extent. It is merely an attempt to reflect international relations/mulitculturalism.

So what you're saying is that all doctors have to be super serious? My girlfriend is about to finish med school along with a bunch of her friends. I've never met such an intelligent and refreshing group of personalities. They all have a great sense of humour and are a lot of fun to be around. Doctors don't have to be super-serious all the time.

While I'll agree that Phlox is a little too flippant at times, I have to say that he'd be far less interesting otherwise. Bones was a great character, but way too over-the-top in reactions at times. Crusher (and worse, Polasky - sorry, can't remember the replacement that did that stint) was one of the most boring characters ever. She really seemed to lack personality and usually only popped up to perform her medical duties.

Phlox, on the other hand, has had a few, and not enough I might add, interesting chats with T'Pol as to interacting with humans that have provided us with interesting and differing perspectives on interacting with humans. The best doctor prior to Ent. was almost certainly the EMH from Voyager. Although I didn't like the series, the doctor was an exception. As the series progressed, he got more and more on-screen time. I think they've tried to take his best characteristic, humour, and instill it in Phlox. John Billingsley is doing a great job bringing that element to Enterprise. I think he's one of the most talented actors Trek has had.

I agree that a lot of episodes have had unoriginal ideas, especially "Dawn" which had a story that's been done too many times. Within the series, similar themes also emerge too often: somebody gets captured; the ship is outgunned but survives; and, Archer gets smacked around. "Judgment" was another one that took just a little too much from ST: VI. Yet, a lot of episodes have been fairly original, such as "Carbon Creek," "First Flight," and "Fallen Hero." A lot of the other ones have set up background and/or connections to latter series (eg. "Civilization" and "The Communicator" develop a background for the Prime Directive; "The Andorian Incident", "Sleeping Dogs", "Minefield" and "Breaking the Ice" along with a number of other episodes worked on developing relations with Andorians, Klingons, Romulans and Vulcans in a way that gradually builds towards what we know from TOS or seem to be setting up to build the long-term Enterprise story line of working with Vulcans as partners and possibly later the Andorians). Naturally, some of the ideas seem to sound like things we've heard before, but it they didn't, there would be no link to future series. There needs to be some element of familiarity to build up to what we know from TOS, TNG and so on. At the same time, I'll agree that a certain amount of freshness does need to be pumped into the way they approach the plotlines.

Too much to read, I'm just a mindless trekkie that loves to watch Star Trek in all forms.

Why not let the show evolve into what it's going to evolve into? Sit back, watch and enjoy it. If you don't enjoy it sit back and wait a while, there will be even more Trek coming out and in a couple years those that dislike Enterprise now will find something about it to like in the future just like those that disliked DS9 and are now coming around to see the light.

CE, I'd like to know if you watched TOS in its original run or are a TNG fan who went back and watched some TOS episodes? I'm guessing the latter.

Have you been reading the news items regarding season three? It seems you're getting your wish so I'm not sure why you're complaining?

As for characters - ENT characters seem a lot more "real" to me than TNG characters - talk about squeaky clean Knights in Shining Armor.

I'd also like to know what you consider gritty, realism. I am not interested in watching "Platoon in space". If you want to look down at me from an attitude of "intellectual superiority" for that opinion...do whatever makes you happy. Maybe I don't understand - but I think all of this clamoring for gritty, flawed, imperfect characters is an insult to the many men and women who have and do wear their countries uniforms with honor and integrity. Every day there are human beings that act with courage and character. Why does everyone seem to think such people would not exist until the 24th century? Or why assume those wouldn't be the very people that were chosen for a space program?

Is dirt and grit creative? I don't know - seems to me that is more formulaic than creating characters with principles.

I welcome critism of Enterprise. By no means is it a perfect show. But let's give them a few years to develop their own show. I have seen definate improvement in the quality of stories that were put out. Especially towards the end of season 2..I am excited about season 3..This show will keep getting better..Not fair comparing it to TNG whose run is over and had a successful 7 year run..Let's give Enterprise a chance..It keeps on improving for me..Who knows CE?..You may like season 3 a whole lot..

this is compleatly off topic but what is SSTC mean please inlighten me.

SSTC stands for "Save Star Trek Campaign", but it's not really a campaign. It's a small group of people who don't like Enterprise. That, combined with the poor box office receipts of "Nemesis" have led this small group of people to believe that Star Trek is dying and only they can save it.

My god people you are all blind. That must be it! Even I went though a period of time where I said "let them grow; they need to develop background and link the series together". The only problem is for every 5 (or less) episodes per season that are original they have 21 (or more that) others that barely even rate as worth watching. So needless to say it's over. Sometimes I question the reason why I continue to watch at all. Clearly this show dosen't seem to be changing in any real substive manner. And no I dont' belong to the Save Our Star Trek Society.... I belong to the trekkie society that actually wants to see something new for a change.

As for season 3... That's the biggest insult of all. It's the Borg-meets-Dominion meets Archer instead of Sisko. The whole concept of it is implausible. A terrorist type first attack designed to what frighten the Earth's population into whatt? Mass Suicide? So the Xindi can then destroy the planet with what corpses on it or maybe repopulate after the removal of the dead bodies? It's one thing to have a first strike with a serious goal of effecting morale . It's another to just waste the surprise element of a first strike on diggin' a trench in the planet in area that isn't even vital to defenese or the planet's infrasture on a whole. It's clearly a shameless attempt to draw on the 9/11 terrorist attacks. The only difference is terrorist use terror to attempt to make political changes by destroying the morale and will of the people they see oppressing them. The only problem is the Xindi want to destroy Earth completely. Too very different goals that require too very different apporaches to achieve success.

The storyline for season 3... Another insult from what I've read from the Paramount Site. (l just love when they used that phrase in "Aplocpyse Now"; didn't you?) around the expanse blowing up all things that concern the Xindi... Well isnt' that absurd. It wouldn't take long for the Xindi to figure out that hey Earth knows who attacked them and are coming after us... So maybe we should destroy all Earth vessels in the Expanse? I mean call it crazy but Archer wouldn't be around for very long if he did this in reality. The Xindi would need to destroy him before he can a) report back the location of the doomsday weapon; :dude: report back the location of the Xindi homeworld; c) report back any intel on Xindi capablities ; and d) report back any possible data on who gave the Xindi the information and how to time travel to stop them from attempting another attack of Earth... These are just a few reasons for Archer's need to be destroyed from a realistic Xindi standpoint. All the more reason Berman and Braga need to think about this Cowboy crap they've written more carefully. It's just too much john wayne pesudobravado and unrealistic when we consider the fact we've all seen trek go down this road before! Isn't it time they take the path less traveled in the trek saga and start to write more realistic reactions and actions by characters and races???

Do you relieze that half the TNG episodes are rehashed TOS episodes?

I'm not just a fan of Enterprise, I'm a fan of Star Trek, all of its series have been great. TOS,TNG,DS9,Voyager,and Enterprise have all had great episodes and they have all had a couple of not so good episodes.

You my friend are the one thats blind.

You know many people think Rainbow's final few years were not as strong as some of the early days. But I think Diffcult To Cure was a very interesting and influencial album not to mention underrated. Even if many mau not think this so... It pioneered the whole trend Heavy Rock Bands turning to the idea of symphonic rock.... Not just rock bands with symphonies for back up playing rock music. No rock bands actually playing true classicaly inspired musical pieces. "Diffcult To Cure's" title track isn't just reworking of Beethoven's Ninth Symphony it's the template for such acts as Yngwie Malmsteen's Rising Force's and their nurmeous opuses and so on as well as many other bands. Yet many don't realize just how important Ritchie Blackmore's vision really was... But overdone and it became a cliche of the time period... Now many will only look back at such pieces of music as being dated and too structured with much disdain totally missing the point. Yet one must be subjective the puriest vision Ritchie's idea of electrifing the ninth symphony was brilliant. Yet when carbon copied in mass quanity and just poorly executed over and over and over again the genre did crumble... Is Star Trek running into the same thing as well? Are too many reincarnations of same theme dooming the show????

( by the way Death Alley Drive is another song from the Rainbow Album Diffcult to Cure just incase you wondered. I was listening to that when I came up with the posts idea so entitled it the same!)

I would have to say Yes... And to Klingon Mike if you think after season 3 of ST:TNG that it's a carbon copy of ST:TOS you're crazy... After season 3 the scripts focused more on character development and less on chessy John Wayne style antics. They turned characters into 3-d figures and built convincing storylines inwhich to showcase them. So far Enterprise has done nothing but steal from ST:TNG and ST:TOS and only do a poor execution of the same material... Much like many did to Ritchie Blackmores idea thus diminishing from the whole essence of the idea! They didn't move the idea forward only repeated it and poorly if I might add!

What does Rock music have to do with Enterprise? I just don't see the connection..CE, on several posts you have made your opinion of Enterprise known..And that's fine. Like I've said I welcome critisim of this show. You must realize that you will find a lot of people who don't agree with you on this site. I know that Enterprise has it's flaws but I have to say that I have enjoyed every episode. Some more than others but that is to be expected..Enterprise entertains me and that is the whole point isn't it?..You must like Star Trek or you wouldn't be on this site..Is ST:TNG the only series that you like?..I like them all..No series is perfect but I would rather concentrate on the good aspects rather than the negative..

For me Enterprise is great in one way, and bad in another..

The bad episodes on Enterprise aren't really that bad, while the good episodes aren't as superb as the good TNG episodes were..

TNG (for example) had some really bad episodes (like season 2 finale, shades of grey, it was horrible), but I have never watched a really bad Enterprise episode.

I agree,TNG had a couple of really bad episodes Like "Skin of Evil" and the epsiode " The Royale" was a piece of crap."Menage `a Troi" was kinda dumb too.

Enterprise has had some really good original episodes like "Cogenitor", "First Flight" and "Cease Fire"

Enterprise is a welcomed addition to the Star Trek universe.

Why not let the show evolve into what it's going to evolve into? Sit back, watch and enjoy it. If you don't enjoy it sit back and wait a while, there will be even more Trek coming out and in a couple years those that dislike Enterprise now will find something about it to like in the future just like those that disliked DS9 and are now coming around to see the light.

I agree VBG!

IMO people get the sense that ENT is a rehash because it is prequel. We know how things turn out with the Romulans, Klingons, Borg, etc. With a prequel, its now about how we get to what we know.

Enterprise is not reused and rehashed Star Trek. It may be similar to some other episodes, but it's Star Trek, it's supposed to be similar. I have found that the episodes of Enterprise are quite original and entertaining.

T'Pol doesn't want to be Human. I have never seen her express a desire to be Human. In fact, most of the time, it seems that she thinks Humans are a lesser species. She's started to grow out of that, but still seems to hold that mindset. Sure, she wants to understand humanity and why we do the things we do, but that does not mean she wants to be Human. She's just curious, as any good scientist would be. A marine biologist might study dolphins and try to understand them. That doesn't mean that person wants to be a dolphin. As for less logical, I'll admit she does seem to be gloomy and pouty a lot. But she's an awesome Vulcan and she makes me laugh just like Tuvok and Spock did before her.

Phlox is his own character. He is so unlike Neelix. I could not stand Neelix, but Phlox is different. I like Phlox. He's a great doctor and he has a great personality. You said he always seems aloof while doing a serious job. Perhaps that's just his way. He could be quite serious on the inside and yet seem completely relaxed and calm on the outside. He's a doctor; he's supposed to make you feel comfortable. And he can be quite serious when he needs to be. Episodes like "Dear Doctor" and "The Breach" have shown that. I like his style. He always seems to be happy even when the situation looks bad. It's a great strength. Optimism!

Archer might have been captured a lot. It does get tiring, but think of this. It's just showing his naivete. He's new at this; he's the first one to do anything like this. He trusts everyone. That's why he's always being captured. He's too trusting. I think he's finally figured out that he can't be so trusting anymore. I think now he's learned to be suspicious of everyone. Perhaps now he won't be captured as much, because now he'll have his guard up.

All of the good ideas have not been used up. It's foolish to say that. The imagination is limitless. If you'd just open your eyes, you'd see. And I'm glad that it's a lot more like TOS. It's supposed to be. Remember, this is before that series. It will be a lot closer to it in terms of how the people act, the story lines, everything. I like that they're going back.

Enterprise is not a remake of TOS. Its characters are dynamic and its story lines are developed. Did you not see "Cogenitor" or "Shuttlepod One?" They seem like very dynamic characters to me. Did you miss "Judgment," "First Flight," and "Carbon Creek?" Those are fine examples of developed story lines. Enterprise has had a great beginning. Already I feel as if I know the characters. Already the plots are deep and sometimes even thought-provoking. Sometimes they're just silliness like "Singularity," and we all need that once in a while. I think Enterprise has established a firm foundation. Is it perfect? No. Nothing is. Enterprise has been great so far, especially considering it's only going into its third season. It's had such wonderful character development and some very awesome episodes. I can't wait to see what's coming up next, because it'll only get better.

Enterprise needs to get into new bold direction.

Did you see "The Expanse?" Have you missed all of the advertising?

As for season 3... That's the biggest insult of all. It's the Borg-meets-Dominion meets Archer instead of Sisko. The whole concept of it is implausible. A terrorist type first attack designed to what frighten the Earth's population into what? Mass Suicide? So the Xindi can then destroy the planet with what corpses on it or maybe repopulate after the removal of the dead bodies? It's one thing to have a first strike with a serious goal of effecting morale . It's another to just waste the surprise element of a first strike on diggin' a trench in the planet in area that isn't even vital to defenese or the planet's infrasture on a whole. It's clearly a shameless attempt to draw on the 9/11 terrorist attacks. The only difference is terrorist use terror to attempt to make political changes by destroying the morale and will of the people they see oppressing them. The only problem is the Xindi want to destroy Earth completely. Too very different goals that require too very different apporaches to achieve success.

The storyline for season 3... Another insult from what I've read from the Paramount Site. (l just love when they used that phrase in "Aplocpyse Now"; didn't you?) around the expanse blowing up all things that concern the Xindi... Well isnt' that absurd. It wouldn't take long for the Xindi to figure out that hey Earth knows who attacked them and are coming after us... So maybe we should destroy all Earth vessels in the Expanse? I mean call it crazy but Archer wouldn't be around for very long if he did this in reality. The Xindi would need to destroy him before he can a) report back the location of the doomsday weapon; b) report back the location of the Xindi homeworld; c) report back any intel on Xindi capablities ; and d) report back any possible data on who gave the Xindi the information and how to time travel to stop them from attempting another attack of Earth... These are just a few reasons for Archer's need to be destroyed from a realistic Xindi standpoint. All the more reason Berman and Braga need to think about this Cowboy crap they've written more carefully. It's just too much john wayne pesudobravado and unrealistic when we consider the fact we've all seen trek go down this road before! Isn't it time they take the path less traveled in the trek saga and start to write more realistic reactions and actions by characters and races???

(continued in next reply)...

Edited by ensign_beedrill

...(continued from previous reply)

You could open your mind to different possibilities. Everything doesn't have to work out the way you want it. Perhaps the Xindi attacked just to get Earth's attention... to bring the enemy to them. And then there's that whole thing with the future person. It could all just be a big, elaborate set up. You haven't the slightest idea of what's going on. You are just as in the dark as Archer and gang. I personally have a hard time believing that Earth would attack and conquer the Xindi world in the future. We've seen the future and the way people are. They're more honorable than that, and the days of conquering other peoples' homes are over. I haven't seen the Federation ever try to conquer someone's world, not even an enemy's world. It's just not something people in the future would do. Perhaps it wasn't even the Xindi who attacked Earth. There are so many different possibilities, it's impossible for you to say that your view is the only right one. The producers and writers might have something totally different in mind, and it will probably be something you never even thought of.

I'm all for constructive criticism, but that's not what you have put forth here. Constructive criticism is evaluating with the intent to help or improve. It seems that you have no such intent. The way it looks to me is that you just want to complain. There is a big difference between complaining and constructive criticism. You complain that Enterprise isn't original. I've seen many of your posts here, and they all say exactly the same thing. So much for originality. Just look and you'll see. Take off your bias and set it aside for a moment. People only see what they expect to see. If you expect to see a remake of all the previous Star Treks, then that's what you'll see. If you expect something original and great, then that's what you'll see. The fault is not in the story lines, it is in yourself.

Men at some time are masters of their fates:

The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars,

But in ourselves, that we are underlings.

--Cassius

(That's probably totally irrelevant... I just love that quote)

And if all that doesn't get to you, then you could always do this. Don't watch the show. It's for entertainment, and if it doesn't entertain you, then don't watch it. You have stated many times before that you can't believe that you are still watching the show. No one's making you.

It's late and I'm still recoverring from having my appendix removed (don't worry, I'm just peachy), so I'll just say this.

STAR TREK has allways re-used old ideas in new ways. What's the problem? Who cares if they re-use ideas as long as it's in new and inventive ways, eh? Personally, I'm enjoying ENTERPRISE. My only complaint thus far is the sexual themes. Aside from that, I loe the show. Anywho, I'm off to watch TV and then bed. I'll be posting more tomorrow. CYA guys arround! :laugh:

I agree! Enterprise isn't perfect but neither were the other ST series. Almost all of the other series had to hit their stride and that usually did'nt happen to 2nd or 3rd season.