Sign in to follow this  
Vic

New Voyages' 'World Enough and Time' Premieres Tonight

"New Voyages"

Utterly ludicrous.

This group does a fine job and all for the love of the series. To call them ludicrous is absolutely ridiculous. Have you even watched an episode?

Guest Ktrek

My wife and I watched the latest episode of Star Trek New Voyages that stars George Takei reprising his role as Sulu. I have to say that this episode is really quite wonderful. It's perhaps one of the best Star Trek stories I have ever watched. It's quite moving and poignant. The acting of all the cast has improved immensely. The directing and SFX were outstanding as well as the score. If you love Star Trek, and especially the TOS characters, then you owe it to yourself to see this episode! This episode had me close to tears several times and my wife could't stop crying!

They currently only have a streaming version online but if you know how to do bit torrents you can easily find it to download in a fairly decent quality. The quality of the file I viewed on a 40 inch LCD monitor was very watchable. I'm hoping that they will release a DVD quality version though!

http://www.startreknewvoyages.com/index.html

Kevin

Lady Britannia, I’m going to do something that almost never happens and is agree with Kor. For fan production it is really good. As being in charge of special effects for a developing video program I’m thinking of asking them for notes. The screen play is about the same as the original show… Corny! But hey… it is from the 60’s. And again, I am agreeing with Kor… This doesn’t happen much, so you might want to mark it down on your score cards.

Lady Britannia, I’m going to do something that almost never happens and is agree with Kor. For fan production it is really good. As being in charge of special effects for a developing video program I’m thinking of asking them for notes. The screen play is about the same as the original show… Corny! But hey… it is from the 60’s. And again, I am agreeing with Kor… This doesn’t happen much, so you might want to mark it down on your score cards.

I know nothing of your message board conflicts.

However, I stand by opinion. "New Voyages" is garbage and their founder Jack Marshall, during the whole "Save Enterprise" saga, posted some of the most sycophantic nonsense I have ever read.

Almost vomit inducing.

... and their founder Jack Marshall ...

Before you make such comments, you should be sure your facts are correct.

The founder of STNV is James Cawley. I have know James since 1991 and have worked with him steadfastly ever since.

"Star Trek: New Voyages" began LONG before Mr. Marshall.

Edited by jorel

I know nothing of your message board conflicts.

However, I stand by opinion. "New Voyages" is garbage and their founder Jack Marshall, during the whole "Save Enterprise" saga, posted some of the most sycophantic nonsense I have ever read.

Almost vomit inducing.

It would seem that you have a low opinion anything Star Trek. I do not like the "New Voyages", but I would never call it garbage.

"Odie"

It would seem that you have a low opinion anything Star Trek.

The fact I don't like a silly fan project does not at all equate to having a low-opinion about anything Star Trek.

Edited by Lady Britannia

It sounds like your problem is with Jack Marshall most likely because of his involvement in the "Save Enterprise" campaign. Apparently, since Marshall was once involved with "NewVoyages", you dislike that product as well. If memory serves, Marshall left "NewVoyages" some time ago. Apparently, a real studio thought that his work on "NewVoyages" was good and hired him. Jorel could probably shed more light on this. Nevertheless, your dislike for fan flicks is duly noted King...er..uh..Lady Britannia. However, please allow the rest of us that do like "NewVoyages" to enjoy it without your vitriol.

"Odie"

It would seem that you have a low opinion anything Star Trek.

The fact I don't like a silly fan project does not at all equate to having a low-opinion about anything Star Trek.

Did you even see the fan project before commenting that it was garbage?

Edited by Odie

"Kor37"

It sounds like your problem is with Jack Marshall most likely because of his involvement in the "Save Enterprise" campaign.

I have problems with both Marshall and "New Voyages". For different reasons.

Apparently, since Marshall was once involved with "NewVoyages", you dislike that product as well.

Actually that's not true. I dislike Marshall for the SE comments, but my dislike of "New Voyages" is seperate from that.

If memory serves, Marshall left "NewVoyages" some time ago. Apparently, a real studio thought that his work on "NewVoyages" was good and hired him.

And we all know that studios never make bad decisions right?

However, please allow the rest of us that do like "NewVoyages" to enjoy it without your vitriol.

The fact that I post my opinion regarding "New Voyages" does not in any way prevent you or anyone else from enjoying it. If it does, then that's something you'll simply have to accept, unless you require a thread/message board to consist of opinions only containing praise in order to enjoy something.

"Odie"

Did you even see the fan project before commenting that it was garbage?

Yes I have.

LB, what is it that you actually DO like?

It's become apparent that it's not Enterprise or any of the Fan Films.

I like the Original Series, The Next Generation, Deep Space 9, TMP, TWOK, TSFS, TVH, TUC, and FC. TFF, INS and GEN have their good points too but to a lesser degree than the other movies. Not a big fan of Voyager but it's better than Enterprise. I did not like Nemesis at all.

Currently,"World Enough And Time" is not available due to enough technical problems to keep Scotty busy for weeks. This premier event was too successful. Within minutes of the scheduled premiere, 40,000 plus people tried to access the premiere, and within an hour 76,000 additional people visited the STNV website. Thousands of people got to see it, but tens of thousands did not. With that, the limited infrastructure available to New Voyages collapsed and we apologize to fans for this. Dedicated volunteers working hand-in-hand with service providers are discussing options of delivery. Please be patient and watch this page for further news. Thanks.

- Star Trek: New Voyages Volunteer Staff

This is the message displayed on the New Voyages website. So many people tried to watch the new film that the website collapsed.

Naturally the site crashed. So many fans wanted to see a Captain Sulu Episode that it couldn't handle the traffic.

I'm also waiting for Of Gods and Men to debut (only six months late).