Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DrWho42

The Battlestar Wiki

Want an informative guide to goes ever so lengthily into any aspect revolving around the Battlestar Galacticas (olde, new and Galactica 1980..)?

Then make an account (or don't) and visit the Battlestar Wiki!

l_d1673c6c18e3d08646e8d2b075ef7291.png

We're always looking for new members and anyone's welcome to join or edit. :)

Interesting and good-looking site! I love BG, so I'll be stopping by occasionally.

I love BSG too! It's a terrific show and I can't wait for it to start up again.

Which won't be until sometime next year. Sadly..... :)

Actually it's only 95 days till Razor premieres.

In the meanwhile, one can peruse the many varying articles teeming with information on the Wiki along with contributing to the newest articles: Special:Newpages.

We've recently went past 2500 articles.

The Battlestar Wiki's creator, Joe Beaudoin Jr., has a new message for anyone/everyone interested:

Calling all contributors and visitors to both the Battlestar Wiki and Battlestar

Forum.

We’re looking to open up the floor for you guys to post your picks for the best products available online! Be it books, movies, music, electronics or even apparel, we’re looking for people to list what their top picks are for products from any categories listed on Amazon.com!

Now why is the reason for this?

Basically, we want to add personality to the Amazon aStores. Right now all they list is, well, Battlestar stuff. Frankly, we know there’s more to life than Battlestar — and the Playboy issue of Tricia Helfer! w00t! — so, anyway, we want to add variety, because that’s the spice of life! To do that, we want to create sections for contributors top picks and visitor top picks. They will, of course, be sub-categorized from there (a section for books, another for movies, another for TV, etc.)

What I need from you guys is simply give me a list of Top 5 or Top 10 items you like. Feel free to be as inventive as you’d like. So provide a list either as a response to this blog post, or at the Battlestar Forum thread here.

Oh, and if you have an Amazon.com ListMania list, that’s even better, because we can simply integrate that into the aStores as well. Just give us a link to it!

So again, what I need are two things:

1. Your top 5 or 10 pics for Amazon US or UK products. Or the Amazon.com ListMania link!
  2. Also please note whether or not you’re a contributor to the Wiki. If you contribute to the wiki, provide your user name so we can attribute you. ;-)

Looking forward to what you guys like! Maybe it’ll even spur some more conversation. :)

Here are my picks (for DVDs, but it can be anything at all):

1. The Amazing Screw-on Head (2006)

2. The American Astronaut (2001)

3. Blade Runner (Five-Disc Ultimate Collector's Edition) (2007)

4. Brazil - The Criterion Collection (3-Disc Boxed Set) (1985)

5. Alphaville - Criterion Collection (1965)

6. Eraserhead (1977)

7. The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the Eighth Dimension (1984)

8. Six-String Samurai (1998)

9. Pi (1998)

10. Rushmore - Criterion Collection (1999)

I don't know how many here has both an account on Wikipedia and a love for either Battlestar Galacticas, but the fate of Wikipedia's entry on the Battlestar Wiki hangs in the balance.

To contribute to the current discussion, follow this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Art...d_nomination%29.