Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

Quinto Confirmed? Early Sources Say Yes

According to Moviehole.net, their sources at Paramount have just confirmed that Heroes actor Zachary Quinto has finalized his deal with the studio and is officially on board to play the new Mr. Spock in J.J. Abrams upcoming Star Trek XI movie.

TVGuide.com has also confirmed the story about the Quinto casting in Star Trek XI and posted that Heroes producer Tim Kring says he is ‘thrilled' for his star to be the new Spock.

According to Ausiello-Report Tv Guide, Quinto was neither confirming nor denying reports that he got the Spock role. "I'm under strict orders not to say anything," he said. Luckily, Greg Grunberg was under no such gag order. "How exciting is that?" he enthused. "Now I've got to beg, plead and scrape to get in that movie! I mean, what's wrong with me as Scotty? Down in the engine room, rotisserie chicken.... "

Also, according to TVGuide, a rep for Abrams' Bad Robot has yet to comment on Quinto casting, but it will be officially announced this week at the San Diego Comic-Con.

I really hope so, can't wait to hear the official word, and hopefully this is true. Man, I'm going to be so excited if it is!