Sign in to follow this  
Angela

Victoria Beckham's Reality Special Tanks

Reuters article as appears on Yahoo

Okay so who really didn't see this one coming at 150mph down the highway really? I love the reviews where they say 'Britain's call them posh and becks we call them who?' But really it shows that the reviewers are American cause we mainly call them 'those tossers' really.

Victoria Beckham is a precocious, vapid, air-headed, narcissistic, rich wannabe something, though her acting is non existant, her singing is much the same and is known only for being so slim she could fit into her own children's clothing (I suppose it must cut costs down a little).

What I really want to know is why must the world become hyper-saturated with this woman, she lacks any real sense of style, she lacks any personality and is now becoming so used to the unnatural fishbowl of celebrity that she is recreating it in her own personal life. Is this the behavior of a woman with any sanity at all.

Understanding that she needs to make money (heaven knows her marriage is unlikely to survive the transition point of David's retirement) and that she lacks any personality or talent she is into exploiting her own life, but really how much more media saturation at the hands of a self publicist are we the viewers of many different media publications are we going to have to endure?

Well said! I haven't been able to understand all this hype about the Beckhams coming to America. Big Deal! I half expected the networks to break into regular programming just to show them getting off the plane!You would think the Beatles had arrived! David Beckham is a great soccer player who will get minimal attention when he starts playing here and which will dwindle rapidly. Posh is an overrated Madonna wannabe with absolutely no talent.

The hostility towards Victoria Beckham from the American media and from people on message boards is as bewildering as the vile and venomous hate expressed towards Paris Hilton recently.

If people spent more time trying to get their own lives in order, instead of critiquing and scrutinising the lives of "celebrities" they may be happier and more fulfilled.

Maybe we could send Paris Hilton to Britain as sort of an exchange program. :biggrin:

There are plenty of celebrities who live outside the limelight and public ire. Those that are detested are those that are spoiled, useless, constantly in our face and the one that bugs me is they believe they somehow have the right to live by a different set of rules.

Maybe we could send Paris Hilton to Britain as sort of an exchange program. :biggrin:

There are plenty of celebrities who live outside the limelight and public ire. Those that are detested are those that are spoiled, useless, constantly in our face and the one that bugs me is they believe they somehow have the right to live by a different set of rules.

"Spoiled" doesn't bother me. They are wealthy, they can buy stuff, but it's their money, so be it.

"Useless" depends on what one considers "usefulness". Paris Hilton, like her or not does make a great deal of money and is obviously valuable to some companies (including the very media who pretend to detest her). In Victoria's case, she CAN sing, not very well, but her group sells records so good for her. Fashion designers and jewellers like her to wear their stuff because it brings publicity to them. So she does serve a purpose. David Beckham's purpose is obvious.

"In your face" can be dealt with very simply. Don't buy the magazines, don't watch celebrity TV shows and if they pop up on the news, go make a cup of tea when they appear, or switch over onto something else, or just bear it until they disappear.

"Living by a different set of rules" is the only valid criticism IMO. If for example Paris Hilton got special treatment after committing a crime then yes she and the authorities should rightly take the heat for that.

"Living by a different set of rules" is the only valid criticism IMO. If for example Paris Hilton got special treatment after committing a crime then yes she and the authorities should rightly take the heat for that.

Well, my criticisms are valid to me - and it's my opinion I value. :biggrin:

"In your face" can be dealt with very simply. Don't buy the magazines, don't watch celebrity TV shows and if they pop up on the news, go make a cup of tea when they appear, or switch over onto something else, or just bear it until they disappear.

Now, you're flat out insulting me - I would never waste my money on celebrity trash mags and I can't find the remote fast enough when that pathetic, whining little Paris pops onto the screen. But sometimes it would be nice if real news were available.

"Spoiled" doesn't bother me. They are wealthy, they can buy stuff, but it's their money, so be it.
Buying stuff isn't spoiled - thinking you're the only person that matters (like driving drunk) is spoiled.

"Useless" depends on what one considers "usefulness". Paris Hilton, like her or not does make a great deal of money and is obviously valuable to some companies (including the very media who pretend to detest her). In Victoria's case, she CAN sing, not very well, but her group sells records so good for her. Fashion designers and jewellers like her to wear their stuff because it brings publicity to them. So she does serve a purpose. David Beckham's purpose is obvious.

Well, if making money makes a person "useful" we should be singing the praises of a lot of criminals because some of them make lots of money.

Now, you're flat out insulting me - I would never waste my money on celebrity trash mags and I can't find the remote fast enough when that pathetic, whining little Paris pops onto the screen. But sometimes it would be nice if real news were available.

You mean to tell me that in the United States, you cannot find any serious news?

In the UK, they do cover celebrity stories, but it's relatively tiny in proportion to "real" news.

For example, they do include stories relating to the Beckhams in the UK, but it hasn't stopped me from hearing about the Russia/UK diplomatic troubles.

Buying stuff isn't spoiled - thinking you're the only person that matters (like driving drunk) is spoiled.

That relates to my point about Paris Hilton and the application of the law.

Well, if making money makes a person "useful" we should be singing the praises of a lot of criminals because some of them make lots of money.

No we shouldn't, because they are breaking the law. If Paris Hilton and Victoria Beckham are making money through legal methods, I don't see what the problem is. Sorry, I will amend my previous post to make it clear and avoid misunderstandings:

"Useless" depends on what one considers "usefulness". Paris Hilton, like her or not does make a great deal of money through non-criminal means and is obviously valuable to some law-abiding companies (including the very media who pretend to detest her). In Victoria's case, she CAN sing songs, not very well, but her group sells records lawfully so good for her. Fashion designers and jewellers like her to wear their stuff legally because it brings publicity to them. So she does serve a non-crime related purpose. David Beckham's purpose is obvious as a footballer and endorser of products unrelated to criminal activities.

Edited by Lady Britannia

I can't understand why Paris Hilton who has done nothing with her life that is even news worthy get any attention from the country. She has one CD that is being sued for copy right violations. He cable TV show the Simple Life is a joke. The remote is too slow when I need to change the channel when she pops up in the news. She was born into a wealth family, which is nothing wrong by itself, but there are many who have much better with the position that was given to them at birth.

I really do not know much about Victoria Beckham other than she is a singer and married to football/soccer star from England. Right now I have no opinion about her.

Edited by Odie

"Odie"

I can't understand why Paris Hilton who has done nothing with her life that is even news worthy get any attention from the country.

It's the idea of the wealthy socialite who has a lived a life of luxury being put into a police car then taken to jail that attracts the initial "shock value" because when one thinks of the cliche image of jails being tough and hard filled with hardened criminals, it's such a contrast to imagine someone like Paris Hilton in the middle of it.

She has one CD that is being sued for copy right violations. He cable TV show the Simple Life is a joke. The remote is too slow when I need to change the channel when she pops up in the news. She was born into a wealth family, which is nothing wrong by itself, but there are many who have much better with the position that was given to them at birth.

Her TV show appeals to certain people. Tastes vary. That in itself isn't a bad thing. It's supposed to be I believe a joke. Something not to be taken seriously. As for her position in life, it is after all her life and she's free to do with it as she wishes. Plus, she's relatively young, so she has time to do something more meaningful (whatever that means) with her later life.

delated to problems posting on the board

Edited by Odie

"Unadopted Angelic"

Okay so who really didn't see this one coming at 150mph down the highway really? I love the reviews where they say 'Britain's call them posh and becks we call them who?' But really it shows that the reviewers are American cause we mainly call them 'those tossers' really.

No "we" don't. For the most part the Beckhams are quite popular here in the UK. It's not surprising that Americans aren't familiar with David and Victoria Beckham. If they don't follow the Premiership, international football and La Liga, then they wouldn't have a clue who he was. Just as I wouldn't know who some NFL player is. With Victoria, she was mainly part of a larger group, so chances are most Americans would have heard of the Spice Girls, if not Victoria specifically.

Victoria Beckham is a precocious, vapid, air-headed, narcissistic, rich wannabe something,

Precocious (“Developed or matured too soon“) - Not sure how this applies to Victoria Beckham. At what rate should she, by your standards, have matured?

Vapid (“Lacking character, dull”) - What standards do you consider not to be dull? Why should another person conform to them?

Air-headed = Why? How has she demonstrated this?

Narcissistic (“Abnormal love and admiration for oneself”)- She is in the entertainment world and has interests with fashion designers. So looks and appearance are simply a part of the life. Even if she takes pride in herself and her appearance, it doesn’t seem to be harmful. Would we rather she is self-loathing?

Rich - What’s wrong with being rich?

Wannabe something - How do you know what she wants to be? Maybe she wanted to be a married mother who is wealthy enough to provide her family with financial security?

though her acting is non existant

Aside from the Spice Girls movie made many years ago, she doesn’t appear to have expressed any serious interest in acting. Neither has David Beckham, aside from the football-based “Goal” movies.

her singing is much the same

Different strokes for different folks. What you and I consider bad singing, others may love. Good for them.

and is known only for being so slim she could fit into her own children's clothing (I suppose it must cut costs down a little).

She’s known for a great deal more than just being slim. Even if not, her body size is her choice. As long as it’s not causing health problems I see no problem with it. It would be nice if we could judge people on something more substantial than appearance.

What I really want to know is why must the world become hyper-saturated with this woman,

Maybe because people create message board threads about her?

she lacks any real sense of style,

What you regard as a "real" sense of style could be drastically different from other people. Doesn't mean you are right and she is wrong.

she lacks any personality

Again, what do you regard as being "personality?" And why should your standards be applied to another individual?

and is now becoming so used to the unnatural fishbowl of celebrity that she is recreating it in her own personal life.

The public get to see a "part" of her personal life. The deepest most private aspects most likely would not be shared. Of course she's getting used to it. It's been part of her life for years now. For her, this IS natural.

Is this the behavior of a woman with any sanity at all.

What's so insane about it? What behaviour do you personally consider "sane?" Why would that apply to other people?

Understanding that she needs to make money

What‘s wrong with making money? As long as no one is being harmed and no laws are being broken, what‘s the harm?

(heaven knows her marriage is unlikely to survive the transition point of David's retirement)

How do you know this? Are you privy to the most private aspects of their marriage? Have you ever met them and talked about the state of their marriage?

and that she lacks any personality

See earlier "personality" point.

or talent

She’s got a talent for getting people talking about her at least. Like her or not, she’s sucked you in too.

she is into exploiting her own life,

How can a person exploit their own life? If her life IS a life of fame, then it’s not exploitation but rather doing what is normal for her.

but really how much more media saturation at the hands of a self publicist are we the viewers of many different media publications are we going to have to endure?

Again, it’s very simple to avoid such “enduring”.

Don’t buy magazines about her. Don’t read articles about her. Don’t watch her TV show. Don’t listen to her music. Don’t watch news stories about her. Don’t create message board threads around her.

No one is forcing anyone to think about Victoria Beckham