Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Feddie

Feddie's Friends are here...

Hi y'all. I'm at work this weekend. Yay! <groan> Ok, well, at least I still have a job.

Here's the deal... on Friday we had a rather nasty T-storm and lightening fried my computer and DirecTV DVR, and the phone. So, till I can get it all either fixed or replaced, I'll be without entertainment.

The TV is working.... thankfully, so I will be able to watch video's or DVD's. But TV is out for a while. And no computer access except at work, where most sites I want to go to are blocked. Except this place! Yippee!

I've been wanting a laptop, but not like this. I'm hoping its just the powerpack, but if it isn't it might be a while before I'm computing again. Oh...and I can't get into chat rooms or IM's at work either. Bummer. Something about working instead. Imagine that. I can read email though. BakFanLin@yahoo.com

I'm sick of all the rain... day after day... weeks on end.

I have the DVD's of ST: The Animated Series... haven't seen those since the 70's! Sounds fun.

Linda

A piece of advice?

Something that I did awhile ago when I moved into my new place was to plug all of my electronic stuff into Surge Protectors. They're not that expensive and in my case, have save my DVR, TV's Computers, and Phones on more than one occasion. Believe me, they're worth the investment.

...plug all of my electronic stuff into Surge Protectors.

Thanks, but its all surge protected out the wazzoo. Apparently the zap went through the phone lines.

All my other electronics are fine... but everything that was on the phone line is fried. :biggrin:

Thanks, but its all surge protected out the wazzoo. Apparently the zap went through the phone lines.

All my other electronics are fine... but everything that was on the phone line if fried. :biggrin:

There are surge protectors that have a slot for phone lines in it.

All my other electronics are fine... but everything that was on the phone line if fried. :biggrin:

I forgot to mention that there are some top of the line Surge Protectors that you can plug your phone line into and add more protection that way. But I'm sure that you already knew that.

[i forgot to mention that there are some top of the line Surge Protectors that you can plug your phone line into and add more protection that way. But I'm sure that you already knew that.

Well, duh. Now I hear about the surge protectors for phone lines. I'm in IT... the other guys are in Telecom!! I don't do the phone side of ...anything.

Geez.... Ok... now I know what to look for.

:biggrin:

UPDATE: I got a new main board for my computer today, then found that the OS is corrupted. DUH... actually, I anticipate several bugs. Lightening just isn't good for electronics...

Hope to have my puter running again maybe Monday or Tuesday, with much testing going on before I get online with it.