Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Will we make it to the Federation?

I was just thinking about the direction Enterprise may take in the years to come. I began looking at the dates of the show and the dates of major events that are yet to come, this is what I have come up with.

Enterprise starts on Apr. 16, 2151. The last episode of Season 2 takes place starting on Apr. 24, 2153.

That breaks down to about 2 weeks per episode (averaged out), so in one season there's 26 episodes at 2 weeks per episode which is 52 weeks on the show (1 Star Trek year per season).

The Romulan war starts in 2156 so at this rate we'll get to the Romulan war in season 5 or 6. I would assume that they (TPTB) will want to resolve the Romulan war before the series ends. We'll assume that the series will last 7 years like all other modern Trek series. The Romulan War doesn't end until 2160 so that doesn't leave much time for the formation of the Federation (during this series).

If they follow the 1 year per season pattern it will shape out like this:

Season 1 2151 - 2152 (2001 - 2002)

Season 2 2152 - 2153 (2002 - 2003)

Season 3 2153 - 2154 (2003 - 2004)

Season 4 2154 - 2155 (2004 - 2005)

Season 5 2155 - 2156 (2005 - 2006)

Season 6 2156 - 2157 (2006 - 2007)

Season 7 2157 - 2158 (2007 - 2008)

Like I said though, I am sure they would resolve the Romulan war before the series ends. So lets assume they play the war out in one season. How do you see things shaping up?

The formation of the Federation doesn't take place until 2161, the year after the Romulan War. If they are going to form the Federation on Enterprise they are going to have to skip through some years to get us into 2161 and would it be reasonable to think that this crew would be together for 10+ years?

Could TPTB be planning a sixth series to pick up after Enterprise to form the Federation?

What are your thoughts? I really want to see the Federation formed but looking at the time frame I don't know that we are going to get it anytime soon.

interesting VBG.

It might seem implausible but a temporal paradox is what they might need. A way to skip two or three years, and that could explain the Romulan War (Ent goes through time and a shockwave destroys a colony). Then they end the war in season 6 (end of)....(you know : stunning two parter, ENT is cornered.....Romulans closing argh!!!!) then the Federation is formed at the very end of season 7.

"You have been relieved of command Captain Archer. You have served humanity well, but it is time for the next generation to take over"

then Archer gets promoted and they all live hapily ever after

I can't see them ending Enterprise in the middle of the Romulan War, either. Could they possibly be thinking of ending the war with the Battle of Cheron and beginning the Federation in a movie? Then they could do a 6th series immediately after the birth of the Federation with all new players.

Yeah, very interesting VBG! :)

It could all depend on weather or not ENT manages to bring back the core base of Trekkers, (come on ENT bashers, for the good of Trek PLEASE play along *begs*)

:( I think TPTB have given themselves great options either way. :(

1. During the coarse of season 3 TPTB prove to the dissers that the "reset button" is not an option they plan to take with ENT, they deliver stories which meet up with the (now absent) core of fans expectations for the show and the ratings rise.

The suits become happy and issue the message a feature film for ENT will be done and as a result, the founding of the Fed is left alone during the series as bait material for the film(s).

2. The core remains head-headed and continue to use their veto power attempting to destroy our beloved Trek :) , the ratings remain dismal and Plan B is put into action.

In Plan B, at the end of season three the Ent comes out of The Expanse to find time has been flowing differently for them while they were inside, more time has passed on the outside thus moving everything into a position whereby the creation of the Fed can now fit within the 7 year (?) run of ENT. :(

The formation of the Federation doesn't take place until 2161, the year after the Romulan War. If they are going to form the Federation on Enterprise they are going to have to skip through some years to get us into 2161 and would it be reasonable to think that this crew would be together for 10+ years?

Sure it's reasonable. The TOS crew served together for over 20 years, and at the end of Nemesis, Riker mentions the fact that he and Picard had served together for "over 15 years." So it stands to reason that Archer's crew can stay together for at least 10. Now, I'm aware that both crews had movies along with the series, but I think the Enterprise writers are going to start playing with the "1 season=1 year" thing and start skipping forward a bit.

It's nice to see someone posting the actual year the Romulan war begins; there are many who believe that it should be starting now instead of season 6 or 7.

I've mentioned to several people that the Federation is formed in 2161, ten years after the lauch of Enterprise NX-01. It is my belief that Enterprise will make it's run for at least one movie to cover the birth of the Federation. It would make an excellent plot line for a movie, and it would give them 3 years to produce the film and release it after the show ends, which is the approximate time for the completion of a movie from beggining to end.

It will probably be the last episode of Enterprise at the end of season 7 and Archer and crew will hear news that the Humans,Vulcans, and Andorans are going to form a federation of planets. I hope it goes down that way!Rumour.gif

Yeah, very interesting VBG!  :lol:

It could all depend on weather or not ENT manages to bring back the core base of Trekkers, (come on ENT bashers, for the good of Trek PLEASE play along *begs*)

:lol: I think TPTB have given themselves great options either way. :laugh:

1. During the coarse of season 3 TPTB prove to the dissers that the "reset button" is not an option they plan to take with ENT, they deliver stories which meet up with the (now absent) core of fans expectations for the show and the ratings rise.

The suits become happy and issue the message a feature film for ENT will be done and as a result, the founding of the Fed is left alone during the series as bait material for the film(s).

2. The core remains head-headed and continue to use their veto power attempting to destroy our beloved Trek :laugh: , the ratings remain dismal and Plan B is put into action.

In Plan B, at the end of season three the Ent comes out of The Expanse to find time has been flowing differently for them while they were inside, more time has passed on the outside thus moving everything into a position whereby the creation of the Fed can now fit within the 7 year (?) run of ENT.  :lol:

I love your ideas Alterego. I had thought about a dilated time flow in the Expanse, and you have a wonderful idea about that.

What I'm hoping for is a combination of your two ideas. TPTB come up with stories that will win back the fan base, and Enterprise comes out of the Expanse with time being dilated for them. I can't decide if I'd like to see them come out of the Expanse at the end of season 3 or sometime later in the series. I don't think I'd want to see them in the Expanse for the rest of the run of the series.

I'd really like to see the formation of the Federation!