Sign in to follow this  
Kor37

'Battlestar" Gets Grounded By Sci Fi

'Battlestar' Gets Grounded by Sci Fi

By Nellie Andreeva

Reuters

LOS ANGELES (June 1) - The upcoming fourth season of Sci Fi Channel's "Battlestar Galactica" will be its final one after all.

After months of speculation, the show's producers are set to make the announcement at a press conference Friday.

Ending "Battlestar" with the upcoming 22-episode fourth season was a creative decision made by the hit show's executive producers Ronald Moore and David Eick.

"This show was always meant to have a beginning, a middle and, finally, an end," Eick and Moore said in a statement Thursday. "Over the course of the last year, the story and the characters have been moving strongly toward that end, and we've decided to listen to those internal voices and conclude the show on our own terms. And while we know our fans will be saddened to know the end is coming, they should brace themselves for a wild ride getting there -- we're going out with a bang."

The fourth and final season of "Galactica" will kick off in November with "Razor," an extended two-hour episode, with the rest of the season slated to run beginning in early 2008.

Sci Fi executive vp original programming Mark Stern said the channel's brass "respect the producers' decision to end the series."

For months, Sci Fi had dispelled rumors about "Battlestar" ending its run after the fourth season.

A couple of weeks ago, one of the show's stars, Edward James Olmos, was quoted as saying that the upcoming batch of episodes were definitely the last ones. Sci Fi issued a statement denying such a decision had been made.

So I guess that Earth will be found by the end of this final season!

My biggest fear for this show was they'd compromise quality for quantity so I'm happy with the decision.

Better they cancel it and go out with a shorter but tighter saga rather than drag it on just for the moneys sake.

*better understands fans reason for resting Trek* :laugh:

This is just like they cancelled "Deadwood". That was my favorite show and it was the only reason I got HBO. It was the highest rated show in HBO but the creators of it didn't want to do it anymore.

I cancelled HBO right after.

This is just like they cancelled "Deadwood". That was my favorite show and it was the only reason I got HBO. It was the highest rated show in HBO but the creators of it didn't want to do it anymore.

I kept HBO for the Sopranos. I wasn't very happy about Deadwood either. :laugh:

Series Finale in one week!!!!

Edited by Gummy

You don't even watch Cathouse?

I did see that.

I consider it a Training Film. :laugh:

I've never even heard of this show.

Well I know you have heard of the Moonlite Bunny Ranch. This is a monthly series (documentary) based on that brothel.

Damn.......Now I gotta order HBO again......... :laugh:

Well I know you have heard of the Moonlite Bunny Ranch. This is a monthly series (documentary) based on that brothel.

Do you have cable or satellite?

My biggest fear for this show was they'd compromise quality for quantity so I'm happy with the decision.

Better they cancel it and go out with a shorter but tighter saga rather than drag it on just for the moneys sake.

Although it took me a while to warm up to this version, I now enjoy it. I think it's a good idea to go out when a series is strong and look forward to seeing how they wrap up this series.

Do you have cable or satellite?

Cable

Oh. I've got DirecTV. When I do get an HDTV, I was looking at how much the extra equipment will cost from them. O......M.....G!!!!

But it's worth it to me. I like the Sports Packages that I get with it and the DVR.