Sign in to follow this  
Kor37

Affectionate Passenger Faces Jail Time

Affectionate Passenger Faces Jail Time

AP

WILMINGTON, N.C. (AP) - A California man who prosecutors said got a little too friendly with his girlfriend during a flight was convicted Thursday of interfering with flight attendants and crew members.

Carl William Persing and his girlfriend were seen "embracing, kissing and acting in a manner that made other passengers uncomfortable" during the September flight from Los Angeles to Raleigh, according to a criminal complaint.

Persing twice threatened a flight attendant who told the couple to stop and refused to serve them alcohol, prosecutors said. The FBI met the couple when the plane landed in Raleigh.

Persing, 41, will probably serve jail time for the federal felony conviction, Assistant U.S. Attorney John Bowler said. He was convicted after a three-day trial in U.S. District Court in Wilmington.

Defense attorney Deb Newton said her client will appeal.

"He's devastated," Newton said, adding that he was defending his right to be left alone.

Charges against girlfriend Dawn Elizabeth Sewell, who was accused of assisting Persing, were dropped this week.

Unless these two were naked and doing it in their seats, I don't see what the problem is here?... :yahoo:

The only way I see this as being a problem is if they weren't sitting next to each other....no one likes to be in the middle of two people making out, that's just awkward.

The only way I see this as being a problem is if they weren't sitting next to each other....no one likes to be in the middle of two people making out, that's just awkward.

Well we can't always assume that anymore, can we? :yahoo:

You can't be serious - they were in a public place - there may have been children within viewing and hearing range. It's pretty pathetic if you can't contain yourself for a few hours. No one should have to listen to or watch engage in sexual activities - I read about this when it happened and they were doing a lot more than kissing.

You can't be serious - they were in a public place - there may have been children within viewing and hearing range. It's pretty pathetic if you can't contain yourself for a few hours. No one should have to listen to or watch engage in sexual activities - I read about this when it happened and they were doing a lot more than kissing.

Were they? This article wasn't that specific. If THATS what they were doing, then the airline was right.

Edited by Kor37

no one likes to be in the middle of two people making out, that's just awkward.

I was between two attractive lesbians once, that wasn't so bad.

Of sourse you would think thats great Van Roy