Sign in to follow this  
Angela

Where has UA been?

Well there are a few of you who don' have my number who I love talking to and therefore don't know what has been going on in my life.

At the end of March my dad got sick with what we thought was a urinary tract infection, though there was talk at the time of his prostate bleeding, something which is common years after receiving radiotherapy for prostate cancer. He was in hospital for four days and on the fourth day he was like a little kid eager to be released. It was all I could do to keep him for running out AMA.

On the 9th of April, (a monday) 9 days after release, my dad had an 'extensive' stoke, he was paralysed completely down his right side. He was back in hospital. He was given a full body CT and it was found that he had both a tumour in his luung and one in his liver, the thought at that point was it had spread to his bones and was possibly also the cause of his stroke, they started him on a morphine drip began to make him comfortable.

One the wednesday they performed two procedures and a brain CT, they changed his bed from a foam mattress to a water bed. On the friday the once more increased his morphine and told me that the procedures had hit complications and that I had less than several months left with him. With each successive morphine hike, the more sleepy and out of it he became (a commonality).

On the 16th I met with his dr andit was made absolutely clear that all the hospital was going to do was keep him comfortable. I spent an hour with him, during which time I read and talked and held his hand. I rarely did even that as a child. I spent time with him and then went to go talk to the council from who I am renting the house I am living in. I was told in all likelihood they are going to ask me to move out and live in a small flat, possibly even further from any family, and I will have no say in the matter as I am thought to have no rights.

Later that evening I received two calls one from my uncle asking me to call him and one from the hospital. I called the hospital and they let me know that my father had passed away. I went and collected bits and bobs and turned down the option to see him, I had done that with my mother and felt it was a bad option, and much more upsetting.

The following day I registered his death, found out he had died of a second form of cancer (Lung), not secondary, which is where the cancer spreads. I planned the funeral, got the flowers and told my family. I allowed time for my Uncle and a neighbour to be able to make the funeral and was joined by arround 20 to 30 people at the funeral.

Now, I have to fight to keep my home, finish university, welcome my godson in the world, oh and get a job. Will I be around, you betcha. Is there any real change about me... I don't think so.

My deepest sympathies for your loss. While I don't know you at all, I can see that you're hurting and the world seems to be overwhelming you. Just know that you have friends here that wish nothing but the very best for you. Remember, if you ever need to talk about stuff, you can always come here.

May I also offer my deepest sympathy, Angel. This is something that all of us have to go through at one point or another in our lives and it never gets any easier. I hope everything works out with your living arrangements. As you well know, you have many friends on this site to talk to if needed.

My sincerest sympathy for your loss. Kor is correct that we all have to go through losing a parent, though often at an older age than you. It is never easy, but please know that you do have friends here, and that you can always come here for support and to vent or just to talk.

Just remember Angel, as Picard said to Jeremy Aster after losing his parents "You are never alone" :yahoo: