Sign in to follow this  
Vic

Rutgers player: 'Our great hurt'

I don't even see how Don Imus is considered a "shock jock". I also don't see how this guy even still has a show. He always seems to be in the basement in the ratings yet he keeps getting renewed year after year. No matter. He will be gone soon. 3 major advertizers pulled out of his show. Now that the money is being affected, he'll be given the boot fairly quickly.

His show's dead, Jim.

Really truly dead, Jim. No tricks with McCoy slipping anyone a neural tranquilizer. Completely DEAD.

Yes, his career is dead because of one stupid remark.

Yes, let's give a man a death sentence for a parking ticket.

If you listen to what the basketball players said, they were more disturbed by the massive media attention this thing got than by the actual remark. They would rather have not had to comment endlessly on this and be interviewed umpteen times. The real villians in this are those two race hustlers, Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson. They turned this into a media frenzy when it really wasn't that much of a story anyway. Those two clowns have yet to apologize for the outrageous remarks they both made about those poor lacrosse players from Duke.

If you listen to what the basketball players said, they were more disturbed by the massive media attention this thing got than by the actual remark. They would rather have not had to comment endlessly on this and be interviewed umpteen times. The real villians in this are those two race hustlers, Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson. They turned this into a media frenzy when it really wasn't that much of a story anyway. Those two clowns have yet to apologize for the outrageous remarks they both made about those poor lacrosse players from Duke.

:P :P :clap: Bravo, Kor. I couldn't have said it better myself.

For the record, I heard the comments made by Coach Stringer on the radio today.

She said that neither she nor the team wanted to see anyone lose their jobs over this.

She is a woman of good quality and I believe her. The whole team is made up of good people.

They just want all of this to go away. As I am sure that Imus would as well. He personally apologized to the team and they have accepted his apology.

If you listen to what the basketball players said, they were more disturbed by the massive media attention this thing got than by the actual remark.

For the record, I heard the comments made by Coach Stringer on the radio today.

She said that neither she nor the team wanted to see anyone lose their jobs over this.

She is a woman of good quality and I believe her. The whole team is made up of good people.

They just want all of this to go away.

One of the sad parts of all this is that an amazing team effort may always be defined by Imus' remarks. The Rutgers team deserves better. They were fun to watch in their run toward the title. Their team is classy and hopefully the class they've showed will help some to focus on them and their accomplishments and less on the controversy after the title game.

I didn't even know who Imus was until CNN pounded his image and his words into my memory over the last week. Yes, I think the media is the real stinker here (well he's not without fault either).

If the media had never repeated this the young women could have relished their acheivement.

Edited by TheUnicornHunter