Sign in to follow this  
Kor37

Couple Commit Suicide After Dog Dies

Couple Commit Suicide After Dog Dies

Reuters

HYDERABAD, India (April 2) - Unable to come to terms with the death of their pet dog, an elderly couple in southern India committed suicide by hanging themselves, police said on Monday.

The bodies of 67-year-old retired soldier C.N. Madanraj and his wife, Tarabai, 63, were found on Sunday in their home in a suburb of Hyderabad.

Police said the childless couple had held a burial ceremony for their dog of 13 years, called "Puppy," and hosted a feast for friends before hanging themselves in their bedroom.

"The couple described the grief over their pet dog in the suicide note they left on March 29," said police inspector V. Anantaiah.

:clap::elephant::elephant:

Some people have elevated their pet to the status of family member. I don't understand it but I see it all around me.

As to the couple - I guess they felt they had nothing to live for - sad but understandable as well. To get old with no family isn't a cheery prospect.

It is pretty sad and pathetic. I mean, its not like th dog got run over by a car or something. The dog was 13 years old. Thats pretty old for a dog. They should have certainly realized that the dog didn't have long to live and prepared themselves for it.

I know I'm preparing myself for my dogs, Tia, death. She's 13 now and with a torn ACL and having trouble walking even more. She's still feisty though. :clap:

I've lost many pets over the years. While I loved them more than I love some humans, I'm still never going to kick my own bucket over one of them. When death is near, you try to prepare yourself as best as you can. You convince yourself that it's the humane thing to do when you have them put down. No one, pet or human, should ever have to needlessly suffer.

I remember listening to someone who was a little older - late 50's talking about the death of her dog and how she'd never get another dog because she couldn't go through that. I can see how getting a dog at 65+ might be cause for second thought because the end of it's natural lifetime could potentially leave you alone at the loneliest part of your life.

I think these people killed themselves because they didn't have a reason to live.

I think these people killed themselves because they didn't have a reason to live.

But it sounds like they had each other and enough friends to have a party.

Apparently, that wasn't enough for them. :clap: