Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

Should Trek XI Be Used To Bring Back Kirk?

Since Nimoy and Shatner are considering to appear in the next film, do you think they should bring Kirk back to life? It's been done in the novels, so would you like it to be done in the film? True, the movie is set in the past, but it could also skip to the future as well. For example, Spock could have heard about Kirk's death and he remembers their first mission and that's when the new actors would appear. Stuff like that, it could be done. So, do you think they should bring back Kirk or do you think that story shouldn't be used again and have nothing to do with Generations

I wouldn't say "bring him back to life", but rather have it work like Kirk and Spock are talking in the Officer's Dining Room aboard 1701-A and maybe do a flashback type of thing.

Just my opinion....

Bringing Kirk back to life would be an epic movie in itself and would detract from the new cast.Its the new cast that will be making future movies, I think, so the focus should be on them.

Edited by Kor37

Bringing Kirk back to life would be an epic movie in itself and would detract from the new cast.Its the new cast that will be making future movies, I think, wo the focus should be on them.

Agreed. Unlike the poor cast of Enterprise, who were upstaged by Riker and Troi.

It is pretty sad when the only way to get people to watch the series finale is to focus on characters from a much older series.

Agreed. I don't know who made the decision to have Riker and Troi as the focal points of that finale, but it was a mistake. Plain and simple.

QPLA !

Despite the treaty between the Empire and the Federation, I would have to vote against bringing Kirk back to life. ( as i reflect back that he killed my brethren Kruge in battle, i do not regret his demise )

The Trek saga is clearly under the command of Picard at this point, and I must salute him for his bravery against the Borg, which even my own mighty Empire were unable to defeat.