Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

Finally Happened

Whatever you do, don't pay it. If your record is clean, go to court and I guarantee the judge will toss it out and just charge you a minimal amount with no points on your record. Just plead guilty and say you screwed up and didn't realize how fast you were going.

Whatever you do, don't pay it. If your record is clean, go to court and I guarantee the judge will toss it out and just charge you a minimal amount with no points on your record. Just plead guilty and say you screwed up and didn't realize how fast you were going.

Hhmmm... Kor seems experienced in this area, Gamera.... in fact, why is it that all guys seem to know about this? :)

Hhmmm... Kor seems experienced in this area, Gamera.... in fact, why is it that all guys seem to know about this? :)

I am unfortunately QUITE experienced in this area... :)

But thats good for you guys. I can pass on all of my know how!

If anyone wants to know how to get out of jury duty, let me know..... :)

I have 9 points on my license, one speeding ticket isn't going to ruin your life, just don't get too many, which I am quite experienced in. But don't worry in my state, I don't really get into trouble until get an access of 11 points...so I got three more to go before I lose it.

I got enough speeding tickets to have my license suspended. It was only suspended until I took an easy written test. In PA, if you go one year without a speeding ticket, you loose 3 points on your record. Also, when you pass the test, you loose 2 points. So if I go till September this year without a ticket, I'll be completely clean, and it'll act like you never had any tickets before.

Truth is, the laws will vary by state. I unfortunately have a couple points on mine right now (who'd've thought cutting off a police car in traffic would be one of their sore spots?)

You might get out of it with your years of clean living, if you weren't speeding all that egregiously. I had no chance with my first (and only) speeding ticket: I was 17 and doing 97 in a 55.

My last ticket was for 113 in a 65....sounds bad, but I didn't even have to go to court for it. I just got a fine of 100 bucks and 4 points. Being a chick has it benefits.

One speeding ticket . your ok its your first one.

Back in the 70's For you young people the old days :)

I had a 67 cougar with a 1971 hp boss mustang engine in it

I was driving back home from Detroit Mi. to my home town

Port Huron Mi. A distance of about 60 miles.

I got 4 speeding tickets. In that one trip.

Now that would get your license suspended.

back then 200 bucks. and i think 5 points.