Sign in to follow this  
MrPsychic

Lawyer accused of DUI

MADISON, Wis. - Attorney Rick Petry can really empathize with his client. Police arrested the lawyer for drunken driving after he went to the station to pick up Patrick DePula - who had been arrested for the same offense.

"I can't tell you how humbled I am, how embarrassed I am," said Petri, who once prosecuted drunken drivers for the Madison city attorney's office.

DePula, 34, was arrested early Thursday for drunken driving, police spokesman Mike Hanson said. His blood alcohol concentration was 0.08 percent.

advertisement

Petri, 64, said he had been out the same evening, had a couple of drinks and went home about 8 p.m. to watch the University of Wisconsin basketball game. He said he had a couple more drinks, then went to bed.

He said police called around about 2 a.m. asking him to pick up DePula. Petri said the officer asked if he had been drinking, and said Petri could only come if he had no alcohol in his system.

Petri said he was certain his blood-alcohol concentration had fallen 0.08 percent, the legal limit for drunken driving in Wisconsin.

"I did not think I was intoxicated, and I was wrong," he said

I wonder if they'll have the same court date if they could carpool :blink: