Sign in to follow this  
Kor37

"GET SMART"

According to the "Get Smart" fan website WouldYouBelieve.com... (They claim to have read the script for the movie.) The Rock would indeed be playing Agent 23. Maxwell Smart, an analyst for CONTROL, idolizes 23 because he's their James Bond. The agent who always comes out on top. Once Max heads into the field, he teams up with 23 and 99 (Anne Hathaway) to clear his name against the evil KAOS. So it would appear that Rock will be playing straight man to Steve Carell's comic Agent 86.

This sounds pretty good. I've always loved this show!

They made a Maxwell Smart movie before with Don Adams. It didn't do well at all in the theatres.

I remember it . It was called "The Nude Bomb". It was horrible.

I fear this movie could easily go wrong. I remember the Nude Bomb and it wasn't too good. Get Smart imo is a classic, but it's a concept that is funny in half hour segments, not easily sustainable in a two hour or even hour and a half dose. I have only seen a few of Carell's performances, two of them voices: Gary on SNL and Hammy on Over The Hedge. Both are good but have nothing to do with Get Smart. I have briefly seen him, often on teasers, for The Office, and find his character, with which he is very recognized, to be offensively rude. While he looks similar to Don Adams, I would have a hard time watching Carell and not seeing him as the guy from The Office. I also fear that the "funny but never mean" spirit of Get Smart could easily get lost or not be appreciated by today's moviegoers.