Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Bauer

Walter Keonig Suggestion

I usually don't post on this board but I thought that this would be an interesting topic. Recently Walter Keonig suggested that series VI be a TOS remake. So I was wondering, who do you think should make up the cast? For the purpose of this topic lets not worry about budget. I have no ideas.

I don't know what I think of the idea, my first reaction to it was "No, don't do it". My second reaction is "No, don't do it" but I also have a curiosity to see how it would be done.

I DO NOT want to see a TOS remake. If could tolerate it as a homage mini series but as nothing else. It would have to be too different because it would have to look modern. They would never make a new show with those silly sets, so they would have to be new. Additionally, I feel the old crew is irreplacable. They show itself, as far as stories go, would also not be the same. The show back then was foten based on current events. Current events today are much different and thus it would come off as a different show altogether. It would not have the same feel. What I could stand for would be a series based in the time of the original Star Trek movies. That was the uniforms would be cool looking, Klingons would have the ridges and nobody would complain about it, and futhermore, I would not want this idea to be a show with the Enterprise, but rather a show about a different ship and crew during that era. REAMKE OF TOS = BAD IDEA. IT WOULD ONLY MEAN THAT B&B HAVE NOTHING NEW TO PUT OUT THERE.

I think the poster (Jack_Bauer) wanted to only explore casting for such a venture, not debate whether it should be done or not. Right Jack?

My wife and I watched a film a few weeks back, one of the male leads had us both convinced he could pull off a very convincing Kirk but neither of us can remember his name or the film title. I'll post again if we do remember.

Thanks Alter Ego. I don't know if it would work or if I would want to see it. I was just interested if anyone couldcast such a show.

I read your post earlier today and held off until now to post. I went off into a drak corrner of my house (where I normally watch all things Star Trek that way I am not bothered) to ponder your question. Now as for if I could cast a TOS remake no I can't there is no one that I can think of that could pull off a convincing Kirk or Spock. I will keep thinking of some ideas but as it stands I would rather not see a remake of TOS.

No TOS remake!! Nobody could portray the "holy trinity of Trek" like William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy and the late DeForest Kelly. What I would like to see is a mini-series based on the happenings behind the scenes while TOS was being filmed. We could have young actors portraying William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, DeForest Kelly, Walter Koenig, George Takei, Nichelle Nichols and Gene Roddenberry. As far as a regular weekly Trek series? I would like to see one starring George Takei as Captain Sulu in a series based on his adventures as the captain of the starship Excelsior. That way, Shatner, Nimoy and the remaining TOS cast still with us could make an occasional cameo appearance. What do my fellow TOS fans feel about that?

No TOS remake!!  Nobody could portray the "holy trinity of Trek" like William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy and the late DeForest Kelly.  What I would like to see is a mini-series based on the happenings behind the scenes while TOS was being filmed.  We could have young actors portraying William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, DeForest Kelly, Walter Koenig, George Takei, Nichelle Nichols and Gene Roddenberry.  As far as a regular weekly Trek series?  I would like to see one starring George Takei as Captain Sulu in a series based on his adventures as the captain of the starship Excelsior.  That way, Shatner, Nimoy and the remaining TOS cast still with us could make an occasional cameo appearance.  What do my fellow TOS fans feel about that?

I could deffinatly go for that, it would be alot better that a remake of a classic. Plus I was always a little curious about Sulu's mission's.

No, definitely no TOS remake but it would be neet to see how the Federation was between TOS time and TNG time.