Sign in to follow this  
Vic

Hertzler's Name Will Be Mudd In 'New Voyages'

RETURN OF A ROGUE

J.G. HERTZLER JOINS NEW VOYAGES

Best known for his role as Klingon warrior, General, and ultimately Chancellor Martok on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, veteran Trek actor John (J.G.) Hertzler returns to fill the shoes of the ever-lovable charlatan and rogue, Harcourt Fenton Mudd. Hertzler will also direct the episode, currently titled, “The Sky Above, The Mudd Below.” Harry Mudd comes across loud and clear, it will be a hoot to embody the ol’ privateer… Harry Mudd is a cross between a giant Ferengi and a gypsy king,” said Hertzler after reading the script penned by Trek author, Howard Weinstein. Hertzler is known for his versatility as an actor, playing a number of roles on Deep Space Nine, Voyager, and Enterprise, as well as many other stage and screen roles. “J.G. has a great sense of humor and I know he will make a great Harry Mudd,” remarked Producer James Cawley. “It takes a special actor to recreate the role of one of the greatest thorns in Captain Kirk’s side.” Pre-production work continues on the project, which has not yet been assigned a shoot date. “There are a few key roles and details we still have to nail down before we establish a firm shooting schedule,” said Cawley.

For more on J.G. Hertzler: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0381117/

Wow! I was wondering in another thread who would play Mudd, now we know. I can't see Hertzler as Mudd but you never know. A good actor can make it work. We'll have to see.