Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Takara_Soong

Official Star Trek Convention 2007 - Las Vegas, NV

Sorry, guys. I didn't post this to make you sad. :lol: Space Tigger and Athena from this site will also be attending, and perhaps others I don't know of. I, and possibly others, will post summaries and thoughts about the convention on this site, to let you know a bit of what happens. If others that attend different conventions would also give reports, maybe it could let members here get a small taste of those conventions. I would be interested in hearing about others experiences as Trek fans.

Hey, I know. You're just passing along information.

I'm hoping that someone takes pics there and post them here. :roflmao:

I'm thinking about going to Shore Leave in July. I went there last year with MrPsychic and we had a pretty good time. Psy doesn't want to go this year so I may just go with my son.

Sorry, guys. I didn't post this to make you sad. :roflmao: Space Tigger and Athena from this site will also be attending, and perhaps others I don't know of. I, and possibly others, will post summaries and thoughts about the convention on this site, to let you know a bit of what happens. If others that attend different conventions would also give reports, maybe it could let members here get a small taste of those conventions. I would be interested in hearing about others experiences as Trek fans.

Hey, I know. You're just passing along information.

I'm hoping that someone takes pics there and post them here. :P

I will Gummy and did at the '06 one.

Here are some links:

'06 Vegas Pics

Bob Picard silent and a sideways video

More Bob Picardo

Chase Masterson

This year I'll know to hold the camera better :lol:

I'm thinking about going to Shore Leave in July. I went there last year with MrPsychic and we had a pretty good time. Psy doesn't want to go this year so I may just go with my son.

The con in MD? In July?

The con in MD? In July?

Yeah...thats the one. Shore Leave has been around for as long as I can remember.

I've been mulling over heading down for a day if I can.

It would be a very early metroliner and then a late one home.

I'd be interested to see a Shore Leave con.

I've been mulling over heading down for a day if I can.

It would be a very early metroliner and then a late one home.

I'd be interested to see a Shore Leave con.

Shore Leave is a fan run con. Its one of the few cons not run by Creation. Its pretty huge and its usually a good time. Let me know if you go!.. :roflmao:

I'll be in Vegas for the con. Are there any plans or arrangements for board members to meet somewhere and at least say hi?

Linda

We do need to make arrangements to meet, either at a specific event or time. Are you coming in on Wednesday night for the early registration? That's one place to get together early on, before things get really rolling at the convention.

Are you coming in on Wednesday night for the early registration?

Yes, I forget the time... but me and my Trek buddy should be at the Hilton Wed afternoon... I figure by 3 or 4pm. :laugh:

Here is an updated list of guests booked so far:

1. William Shatner (James T. Kirk, TOS)
  2. Leonard Nimoy (Spock, TOS)
  3. George Takei (Sulu, TOS)
  4. Walter Koenig (Chekov, TOS)
  5. Nichelle Nichols (Uhura, TOS)
  6. Jonathan Frakes (William Riker, TNG)
  7. Brent Spiner (Data, TNG)
  8. LeVar Burton (Geordi La Forge, TNG)
  9. Wil Wheaton (Wesley Crusher, TNG)
  10. Avery Brooks (Benjamin Sisko (DS9)
  11. Nana Visitor (Kira Nerys, DS9)
  12. Armin Shimerman (Quark, DS9)
  13. Rene Auberjonois (Odo, DS9)
  14. Terry Farrell (Jadzia Dax, DS9)
  15. Nicole de Boer (Ezri Dax, DS9)
  16. Cirroc Lofton (Jake Sisko, DS9)
  17. Kate Mulgrew (Kathryn Janeway, VOY)
  18. Robert Duncan McNeill (Tom Paris, VOY)
  19. Tim Russ (Tuvok, VOY)
  20. Scarlett Pomers (Naomi Wildman, VOY)
  21. Connor Trineer (Charles "Trip" Tucker III, ENT)
  22. Dominic Keating (Malcolm Reed, ENT)
  23. Anthony Montgomery (Travis Mayweather, ENT)
  24. Patti Yasutake (Alyssa Ogawa, TNG)
  25. Dwight Schultz (Reg Barclay, TNG, VOY)
  26. Vaughan Armstrong (Admiral Forrest, ENT and various characters)
  27. Jeffrey Combs (Weyoun, DS9, Shran, ENT and various characters)
  28. Marc Alaimo (Gul Dukat, DS9 and various characters)
  29. Suzie Plakson (various characters, TNG, VOY, ENT)
  30. Max Grodenchik (Nog, DS9)
  31. Penny Jerald (Kassidy Yates, DS9)
  32. Chase Masterson (Leeta, DS9)
  33. Wallace Shawn (Grand Nagus Zek, DS9)
  34. Casey Biggs (Damar, DS9)
  35. Andrew Robinson (Garak, DS9)
  36. Robert O'Reilly (Gowron, TNG and DS9)
  37. JG Hertzler (Martok, DS9)
  38. Louise Fletcher (Kai Winn, DS9)
  39. Malachi Throne (TOS and TNG guest)
  40. Gary Graham (Soval, ENT)
  41. DC Fontana (writer)
  42. Nicholas Meyer
  43. Bob Justman
  44. Eugene Roddenberry

If I ever book plane reservations, I'll be there on Wed. afternoon too. I think SpaceTigger will be there by Tues. but I'm not sure.

Two more guests added: Bob Justman who should have lots of interesting things to say about both TOS and TNG, and Wallace Shawn!!! - Grand Nagus Zek of DS9 in his first convention appearance! :laugh: One of his other favorite appearances for me was in The Princess Bride as the Brains behind kidnapping the Princess.

Also a number of guests have been announced for the autograph room - though not as many TNG folks as I might have hoped - but some interesting actors and actresses, including several who are not Trek related but that have been in other Sci Fi programs.

:laugh: Gates McFadden (Dr. Beverly Crusher) has been added to the guest list! Another TNG regular on this 20th anniversary of TNG. :laugh: I saw her years ago at a small convention near Chicago, and am delighted to see her again.

CATHERINE HICKS is added as guest: Dr. Gillian Taylor in STAR TREK IV: THE VOYAGE HOME. Ms. Hicks also had an amazing 240 episode run starring in the family series 7TH HEAVEN, and her past credits include the films CHILD'S PLAY and PEGGIE SUE GOT MARRIED.

My favorite Star Trek IV quote:

Gillian: "I suppose you're from outer space?" Kirk: No, I'm from Iowa. I just work in outer space."

Looking forward to hearing her speak!

Got my tickets yesterday in the mail for the convention! They are now fleshing out the daily schedule, though they are still pushing tickets for individual events. I'm getting psyched up! How about other convnetion attendees?

I'm getting psyched up! How about other convnetion attendees?

I got my tickets last week too. Counting the hours!! :) :eek: :lol:

The tentative daiily schedule has been posted! I'm still deciding if I should buy any advance autographs or wait until I get there. Crossing my fingers that no big names cancel out at the last minute.

I was a little upset that JG Hertzler had to cancel..I didn't buy an autograph ticket for him but I was considering it..Martok was one of those amazing secondary DS9 characters that I like so much..Robert Duncan McNeill also had to cancel..

Just 2 more days..Looking forward to it..

It looks like Louise Fletcher has just been taken off of the guest list.. :yahoo: I hope we don't lose any more..

Thanks for the update, SpaceTigger. Looking forward to seeing you there! I hadn't noticed about Louise Fletcher yet :yahoo: She couldn't come last year either. And I did want to see Martok too. It is indeed finger crossing time for no more guest cancelations.

Oh, no. If Louise Fletcher and Robert Duncan McNeill both have canceled again...rats!

Ah, well, at least well have Andrew Robinson :yahoo:

Just got back from the Trek convention in Vegas tonight. Met SpaceTigger and Athena there. It was fun but tiring. Next year they are talking about going 5 days which I think would be exhausting and of course more expensive, with food and hotel costs. Some of the most entertaining guests were imo, Frakes and Spiner together, The Ferenghi - Quark, Rom, Brunt and Zek (Wallace Shawn), Shatner and Nimoy (but not as amazing as last year), Wil Wheaton, and Malachi Throne. Will report more later.

ZZZZZZ. Still trying to catch up on sleep.

Will post pics (I think all are ok but Kate M. Couldn't get a good one) & YouTube urls when I upload this weekend.

Had loads of fun with Trekz and SpaceTigger.

Con was good but not as exciting as last year (prob. b/c I knew what to expect). 5 days next year....oy!

Wil Wheaton was hilarious. Totally deconstructed the ep: "Justice" in hysterical and profane ways. They put him in this small room (not main con room) at 6:45pm after the rest of the day was over. The rumor is they were ticked at him b/c he won't do photo ops so they shoved him over to the side.

Terry Farrell looked gorgeous. She said she'd gained some weight. What!?!? Is a homemaker raising a kid. Admitted she never has to work again after DS9 and Becker . Also, said she left b/c of the $. Nice to hear the truth! Said it had nothing to do w/creative differences. Also told us she's 6' tall.

Gates McFadden was fun. Told us why she left. Not for $ but b/c she felt Wesley should come to her for mentoring not to male characters. One writer or producer (she didn't say who) disagreed. She said, "It's him or me." TPTB chose him. The next year, they changed their mind and said, "Gates, we choose you."

Kate M. flew in and out pretty quickly as she's in a new play. Here's the URL if anyone is interested:

http://www.signaturetheatre.org/onstage.htm

Great stories, Athena! I look forward to seeing your pics!

Now all we gotta do is hear from SpaceTigger.

Braga was interesting. He said he didn't like the last ep. of Enterprise and it was a mistake. Plus, he killed Trip b/c he was his favorite character and as he knew the show was ending he said, "What the heck?"

Ronald Moore was in the secondary room. He explained the f/x and brought props and had a slideshow. He showed how he shook a silver pompom to make the transporter. Also, other funny things like how he used a flashlight in the inside of a pipe in the 'microbrain' ep. of TNG. Also, I kid you not, how he used dog poop to make a brown planet...

These F/X guys are amazing how they can create effects using ordinary household items.