Sign in to follow this  
Odie

Federal Offices on 2 January Close in Remembrance of Gerald Ford

I just got this from work.

President Bush has issued an executive order to close all Federal Offices on Tuesday 2 January in remembrance of President Gerald Ford.

Yes he was the president

but onother federal holiday.

do they ever work

Since federal workers only get off on 9 federal holidays without costing any vaction time I would say they work a lot. But of course working for the federal government having a four day weekend is very rare.

but those of us who recive there checks in the mail. from work

this totaly screws me up just getting back to work. after almost 3 months

off work my savings are hurting. If i do not get my check on the 3rd i pay a 75 dollar

penalty on my rent. This may not seam a lot but beeing off work its a lot.

but those of us who recive there checks in the mail. from work

this totaly screws me up just getting back to work. after almost 3 months

off work my savings are hurting. If i do not get my check on the 3rd i pay a 75 dollar

penalty on my rent. This may not seam a lot but beeing off work its a lot.

If you have a bank account it can be paid directly into that account. It has been offered to everyone who gets a check from the federal government. The military personal have no choice in the matter, but I got my pay last Friday. I have been in for almost 10 years I never seen an actually paycheck.

Those who deliver your mail only get 9 Federal Holidays. A four day weekend is very rare and people who work for the government would always love to have one after a long holiday weekend. Nine Federal holidays is not a lot in the year, and most of the fall in the beginning of the year.

Edited by Odie

This is going to screw me up too. I pay all of my driver's on Monday. The banks will already be closed on Monday because of New Years. If they are also going to be closed on Tuesday, then my employees won't be able to cash their checks until Wednesday. I'm never going to hear the end of that!

That is why I posted it as I found out about it. I have yet heard it in the media about it. The banks might still be open since this was done at the last minute.