Sign in to follow this  
Kor37

Einstein Of The Week!

Drunken Man Parks Horse in Bank Foyer

AP

BERLIN (April 25) - An early-morning bank customer had a bit of a shock when he found a horse at the automatic teller machine.

The horse's owner, identified only as Wolfgang H., had a bit too much to drink the night before and decided to sleep it off inside the bank's heated foyer, police said Tuesday.

The 40-year-old machinist told Bild newspaper he had had "a few beers" with a friend in Wiesenburg, southwest of Berlin, and decided to hit the hay in the bank on his way home.

Confronted with the lack of a hitching-post, he brought the 6-year-old horse, named Sammy, in with him.

When a customer came across the horse and sleeping rider in the bank at 4:15 a.m. Monday, he called police, who then came and woke the owner up and sent him on his way.

No charges were filed, but there might be some cleanup needed: Apparently Sammy made his own after-hours deposit on the carpet.

:blink:

Suspect Tries to Trade Jeep at Place of Theft

AP

NORWALK, Conn. (April 24)- A Bridgeport man has been arrested after he tried to trade in a Jeep to a car dealer, a month after allegedly stealing the same Jeep from that same dealer, police said.

Jazrahel King, 29, was arrested Saturday after a sales manager at Wholesalers of America recognized King's 2003 black Jeep Liberty as a vehicle that was stolen from his lot in early March.

The sales manager, Diego Coleman, said King brought the sport utility vehicle in, hoping to trade up for a larger vehicle.

"I was left speechless. I couldn't believe that he would try to take back another car and he didn't think we would recognize him," Coleman said Monday.

King had come to the dealership last month to test-drive some vehicles, Coleman said. But there was a problem with King's credit, so salesmen at the dealership scrubbed the test-drives.

Coleman said he last saw King wandering around the lot as he was preparing the Jeep for a man who had just bought it. The keys were left in the Jeep.

Then the Jeep and King disappeared, Coleman said.

When police inspected King's Jeep Saturday, they found that the key ring was the same as those issued by Wholesalers of America.

The temporary plate on the vehicle belonged to the dealership and documents found inside showed it belonged to the dealership, Sgt. Ronald Pine said.

:blink: :( :(

The temporary plate on the vehicle belonged to the dealership and documents found inside showed it belonged to the dealership, Sgt. Ronald Pine said.

What a (I'm trying to say a bad word but can't)!

can you say dumbasz

The old saying about returning to the scene of the crime is one thing, but returning with the stolen merchandise AND trying to trade up for it!?! What a major bonehead and numbskull!

What a (I'm trying to say a bad word but can't)!

can you say dumbasz

Censor evasion is only acceptable in Kronos...

my bad no ones said anything before

I believe your previous uses of that particular term was in Personal Logs, a forum moderated by DDillard, he may contact you about it as soon as the next time he checks his forum.

my bad no ones said anything before

I believe your previous uses of that particular term was in Personal Logs, a forum moderated by DDillard, he may contact you about it as soon as the next time he checks his forum.

It wont happen again my apologies.. I havent been around for awhile and this is the first time i really have had a chance to post... since Ive been home from the army

[Censor evasion is only acceptable in Kronos...

It would be more accurate to say censor evasion is only *possible* in Kronos.

Thanks Van Roy since you didnt say anything I get my butt chewed I see the love

AK-47 Receipt at Scene Leads to Suspect

AP

ORLANDO, Fla. (April 25) - Sheriff's deputies tracked down a suspect in an armed robbery with a receipt he left at the scene of the crime, authorities said.

A man wearing a mask robbed an Orlando Hess station Monday, stealing $75 and two cartons of cigarettes, the sheriff's office reported.

When deputies arrived at the gas station, someone noticed that the robber had left a gun case against a display rack. Inside the case, deputies found a receipt for a new AK-47 assault rifle.

"Obviously, he wasn't a member of the MENSA society," sheriff's spokeswoman Susan Soto told the Orlando Sentinel.

The receipt was made out to Eric Cunningham, who lived only a few miles from the gas station, according to an arrest report.

Deputies found Cunningham, 18, at his apartment with a loaded assault rifle and a shotgun, the report said.

Cunningham was arrested and charged with armed robbery with a firearm while wearing a mask. He remained in jail with no bond.

:assimilated:

Edited by Kor37

Man in Tree Calls Police Over Perceived Chase

AP

ST. CLOUD, Minn. (April 25) - It might not have been the smartest phone call he ever made. Jeremy Conrad Cornick, 30, called police Tuesday to say he had been chased up a tree by narcotics officers from a county in the southern part of the state.

St. Cloud police officers indeed found Cornick, of Crystal, up a tree with his cell phone, but they determined he was hallucinating and under the influence of controlled substances.

As officers were trying to talk Cornick down from the tree, he lost his grip and fell. While he wasn't hurt, he was taken to St. Cloud Hospital for evaluation.

When his probation officer got word of what happened, he issued an arrest warrant, and Cornick was taken from the hospital to jail.

:assimilated:

Judge Sues Cleaner for $65 Million Over Pants

By LUBNA TAKRURI

AP

WASHINGTON (May 3) -- The Chungs, immigrants from South Korea, realized their American dream when they opened their dry-cleaning business seven years ago in the nation's capital. For the past two years, however, they've been dealing with the nightmare of litigation: a $65 million lawsuit over a pair of missing pants.

Much of the judge's lawsuit rests on two signs that Custom Cleaners once had on its walls: "Satisfaction Guaranteed" and "Same Day Service."

Jin Nam Chung, Ki Chung and their son, Soo Chung, are so disheartened that they're considering moving back to Seoul, said their attorney, Chris Manning, who spoke on their behalf.

"They're out a lot of money, but more importantly, incredibly disenchanted with the system," Manning said. "This has destroyed their lives."

The lawsuit was filed by a District of Columbia administrative hearings judge, Roy Pearson, who has been representing himself in the case.

Pearson did not return phone calls and e-mails Wednesday from The Associated Press requesting comment.

According to court documents, the problem began in May 2005 when Pearson became a judge and brought several suits for alteration to Custom Cleaners in Northeast Washington, a place he patronized regularly despite previous disagreements with the Chungs. A pair of pants from one suit was not ready when he requested it two days later, and was deemed to be missing.

Pearson asked the cleaners for the full price of the suit: more than $1,000.

But a week later, the Chungs said the pants had been found and refused to pay. That's when Pearson decided to sue.

Manning said the cleaners made three settlement offers to Pearson. First they offered $3,000, then $4,600, then $12,000. But Pearson wasn't satisfied and expanded his calculations beyond one pair of pants.

Because Pearson no longer wanted to use his neighborhood dry cleaner, part of his lawsuit calls for $15,000 -- the price to rent a car every weekend for 10 years to go to another business.

"He's somehow purporting that he has a constitutional right to a dry cleaner within four blocks of his apartment," Manning said.

But the bulk of the $65 million comes from Pearson's strict interpretation of D.C.'s consumer protection law, which fines violators $1,500 per violation, per day. According to court papers, Pearson added up 12 violations over 1,200 days, and then multiplied that by three defendants.

Much of Pearson's case rests on two signs that Custom Cleaners once had on its walls: "Satisfaction Guaranteed" and "Same Day Service."

Based on Pearson's dissatisfaction and the delay in getting back the pants, he claims the signs amount to fraud.

Pearson has appointed himself to represent all customers affected by such signs, though D.C. Superior Court Judge Neal Kravitz, who will hear the June 11 trial, has said that this is a case about one plaintiff, and one pair of pants.

Sherman Joyce, president of the American Tort Association, has written a letter to the group of men who will decide this week whether to renew Pearson's 10-year appointment. Joyce is asking them to reconsider.

Chief Administrative Judge Tyrone Butler had no comment regarding Pearson's reappointment.

The association, which tries to police the kind of abusive lawsuits that hurt small businesses, also has offered to buy Pearson the suit of his choice.

And former National Labors Relations Board chief administrative law judge Melvin Welles wrote to The Washington Post to urge "any bar to which Mr. Pearson belongs to immediately disbar him and the District to remove him from his position as an administrative law judge."

"There has been a significant groundswell of support for the Chungs," said Manning, adding that plans for a defense fund Web site are in the works.

To the Chungs and their attorney, one of the most frustrating aspects of the case is their claim that Pearson's gray pants were found a week after Pearson dropped them off in 2005. They've been hanging in Manning's office for more than a year.

Pearson claims in court documents that his pants had blue and red pinstripes.

"They match his inseam measurements. The ticket on the pants match his receipt," Manning said.

This idiot judge is ruining his career........all over a pair of pants!.... :assimilated:

Threatening Note Had Return Address

AP

MADISON, Wis. (May 2) - A state appeals court Wednesday refused to overturn the conviction of a prisoner who said no one ever saw him write a threatening letter to a judge. The 2nd District Appeals Court noted Anthony Dwane Turner's return address was on the envelope, sealing its decision.

A jury convicted Turner in 2004 of sending a letter to Waukesha County Circuit Judge James Kieffer telling him he was going to kill him, according to computerized court records and a criminal complaint. Kieffer had sentenced Turner to 15 years in prison a year earlier on assault-by-a-prisoner and reckless injury charges.

The judge told investigators he believed Turner was a serious threat, according to the complaint. Turner got six more years tacked onto his sentence.

Turner asked the appeals court in 2005 to overturn his conviction. He argued prosecutors didn't present any evidence at trial that anyone saw him write the letter or that the handwriting was his.

The appeals court refused, saying the envelope was marked with Turner's name, inmate number and the address of the prison in Green Bay.

:yahoo:

Robbery Suspect Arrested at Salon

AP

BELLEFONTAINE, Ohio (May 5) - Where is an orange-haired bank robbery suspect most likely to hang out? The salon, of course.

That's where police found Mark Dennis, who was wanted in a Tuesday robbery in Scranton, Pa. The 24-year-old may have been trying to change his hair color to conceal his identity, said J.J. Kalaver, an agent in the FBI's Philadelphia division.

"Maybe in a big city you can get away with walking around with orange hair, but in a smaller town you probably stand out," he said.

Dennis was found Thursday at the Boardwalk Mane Styling Salon, Lt. Ron Birt said.

FBI agents are looking into whether Dennis robbed another four banks in the Scranton area in the last month, Kalaver said. He's also charged in Ohio with possession of drugs and a drug instrument, Birt said.

Dennis was likely in Bellefontaine, about 50 miles northwest of Columbus, because he had relatives in the area, Birt said. He was being held without bond Friday night in the Logan County jail, according to the sheriff's office.

Anybody else notice that a lot of these stories come from Ohio?...... :yahoo:

Hey now Kor...Bellefontaine is like 30 minutes away from where I grew up. We're not all idiots in Ohio, just alot of us are. And besides all these stories are from the little hick towns....I'm from a huge suburb, and none of these stories have been from my area, so my part of Ohio is still good. And besides, my state is shaped like a heart...you have to admit that makes us cool.

Hey now Kor...Bellefontaine is like 30 minutes away from where I grew up. We're not all idiots in Ohio, just alot of us are. And besides all these stories are from the little hick towns....I'm from a huge suburb, and none of these stories have been from my area, so my part of Ohio is still good. And besides, my state is shaped like a heart...you have to admit that makes us cool.

I'm also not forgeting that YOU have some of the best stories.....but....er.....this is a family forum.... :yahoo:

Couple Who Stole From Mob Got Whacked

Trial Reflects Changes in Old-School Gangsters

By TOM HAYS

AP

NEW YORK (May 3) -- Thomas and Rosemarie Uva were not exactly criminal geniuses.

The couple liked to rob Mafia-run social clubs in Little Italy and elsewhere around the city, which, as just about everyone knows, is a really good way to get killed.

They even had the audacity to force mobsters to drop their pants as they swiped their cash and jewelry and cleaned out their card games.

The holdups proved predictably hazardous: The Uvas got whacked on Christmas Eve 1992.

Fifteen years later, the story of the bandits who made the stupid mistake of stealing from the mob is playing out at the trial of the man accused of murdering them, a reputed Gambino crime family captain named Dominick "Skinny Dom" Pizzonia.

"There's virtually no greater insult than robbing the Gambino family where they socialized and hung out," federal prosecutor Joey Lipton said last month in opening statements in Brooklyn.

Prosecutors claim that John A. "Junior" Gotti, while acting boss of the Gambino family once led by his father, sanctioned the killings -- a charge he has denied. Pizzonia's attorney, Joseph R. Corozzo Jr., told the jurors they would hear testimony that members of the Bonanno crime family were the real culprits.

Exactly why the Uvas gambled with their lives by robbing mobsters remains a mystery. But their former boss at a New York collection agency, Michael Schussel, offered some possible clues for resorting to making collections of a criminal kind.

Schussel testified that Thomas was a Mafia aficionado who asked for days off to attend the trial of the elder John Gotti, the Gambino don who died behind bars in 2002. The couple lived in Gotti's neighborhood in Ozone Park, Queens.

"He was obsessed with the mob," the witness said.

Authorities say the Uvas began their robbery spree in 1991, apparently believing that social clubs -- home to high-stakes card games -- would provide an easy mark.

Rosemarie, 31, took the wheel of the getaway car and Thomas, 28, armed with an Uzi submachine gun, stripped patrons of their money and jewelry and made the men drop their pants. The couple became known on the street as Bonnie and Clyde.

The moonlighting was stressful: The day after one of the holdups made headlines, Rosemarie showed up for work looking pale and fainted to the floor, her ex-employer said.

By the time the Uvas had hit his Cafe Liberty in Queens a second time, Pizzonia had tired of their act, DiLeonardo testified.

Pizzonia "was very angry, as everybody else was, that these guys had the nerve to go around robbing clubs, like committing suicide," DiLeonardo said. A plan was hatched to track down the couple by getting their license plate number, he said.

On the morning of Dec. 24, they were sitting in their Mercury Topaz at an intersection in Queens when they were each shot three times in the back of the head. The car rolled through the intersection and collided with another vehicle before it stopped; police officers found a stash of jewelry with the bloody corpses.

The killers vanished as mob bosses argued behind the scenes over who should get credit, DiLeonardo said. During a sitdown with his Bonanno counterpart Massino, the younger Gotti set the record straight.

The Bonnie-and-Clyde hit, Gotti said, was "our trophy."

Yeah.......robbing the mob and making the mobsters drop their pants.......a recipe for suicide.......idiots!

Teachers Stage Fake Gun Attack on Kids

AP

MURFREESBORO, Tenn. (May 14) - Staff members of an elementary school staged a fictitious gun attack on students during a class trip, telling them it was not a drill as the children cried and hid under tables.

The mock attack Thursday night was intended as a learning experience and lasted five minutes during the weeklong trip to a state park, said Scales Elementary School Assistant Principal Don Bartch, who led the trip.

"We got together and discussed what we would have done in a real situation," he said.

But parents of the sixth-grade students were outraged.

"The children were in that room in the dark, begging for their lives, because they thought there was someone with a gun after them," said Brandy Cole, whose son went on the trip.

Some parents said they were upset by the staff's poor judgment in light of the April 16 shootings at Virginia Tech that left 33 students and professors dead, including the gunman.

During the last night of the trip, staff members convinced the 69 students that there was a gunman on the loose. They were told to lie on the floor or hide underneath tables and stay quiet. A teacher, disguised in a hooded sweat shirt, even pulled on locked door.

After the lights went out, about 20 kids started to cry, 11-year-old Shay Naylor said.

"I was like, 'Oh My God,' " she said. "At first I thought I was going to die. We flipped out."

Principal Catherine Stephens declined to say whether the staff members involved would face disciplinary action, but said the situation "involved poor judgment."

What a bunch of morons! Where do we get teachers like this?.. :P

The mock attack Thursday night was intended as a learning experience and lasted five minutes during the weeklong trip to a state park, said Scales Elementary School Assistant Principal Don Bartch, who led the trip.

"We got together and discussed what we would have done in a real situation," he said.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Versus what the Assistant Principal should be doing next, which is looking for a new job! :P Poor judgement indeed! These Tennessee geniuses are lucky their learning situation didn't trigger a heart attack from one of the students. I sense a lawsuit ....