Sign in to follow this  
Gotabite

Seven of 9 and B'Elanna

Being female perhaps I just don't get it......And I wish I could understand what all the fuss was about the Seven of 9 character.......I mean in my opinion Roxanne Dawson is a very attractive woman. The fact that she played a Klingon female did not take away her attractiveness. She was also a strong assertive character not unlike Seven of 9. The plots that centered around B'Elanna's character were very good plots. She for a time was the primary female that was paired up with male characters on the show.

I'm not saying that Jerry Ryan is not attractive, because she is. I'm just trying to better understand why her role on Voyager as Seven of 9 supposedly made such a difference in the ratings?.........Was it the cat suit? Was Seven's character that much more dynamic?.......Is it true that Blondes have more fun? :laugh: What is it....I still don't get it? : :laugh::laugh:

well personally i think b'elanna, was whinny, and annoying. i did not like her character really at all. but i did think she was attractive. but hey it takes more than looks, i didnt like the rest about her so there you go. as far as seven goes, she was strong, assertive, she was also attractive, but without the whining, and annoying traits, that makes her the better choice.

Stardate:213614.9

Well i thought Torres was attactrive too.But when the smoke has cleared and the truth comes out Seven wins in the looks department (in this piticular situation)because of one thing.(Dont kill me :dude: )

Heck,

Click for Spoiler:

I'm gay, and dont really think that either of the two women were attractive

they were good-looking, but I do not care about looks in women when they are on tv. I look for great acting skills and for them to be able to take the stress when the spotlight is on them. Personally I had some delimma's with the plot roles that Torres had, but you said in an ealier post that she was just one of those characters that you either liked or disliked. Seven of Nine's character plots were extremely moving, and made me cry most of the time, as in Human Error. I just view a tv show as a show and that is it, nothing more and nothing less, I wish stupid guys would get the thought out of their heads thinking they actually had a chance with either Roxann Dawson or Jeri Ryan, GET REAL PEOPLE, its only tv.

Seven of Nine's character plots were extremely moving, and made me cry most of the time, as in Human Error.

I really liked your point here contrasting Seven of 9's plots with B'Elanna's. I guess if I really go back into the various episodes, I would have to admit that Seven's episodes were a lot more thought provoking. :dude:

During the early seasons of Voyager, B'Elanna was portrayed as an angry, bitter ex-Maquis who is forced to work along side the people she hates the most-Starfleet officers. I'm sure this made the character unlikeable to many viewers. During the later seasons, she begins to "soften up" as she develops friendships with Janeway and Harry Kim and then falls in love with Tom Paris. This made her character a bit more likeable. Seven of Nine appeared cold and unfeeling at first, but that's because she was a Borg drone since early childhood, and had no idea how to relate to others as an individual. Watching her learn about her feelings and deal with them was much more interesting and moving.

I wish stupid guys would get the thought out of their heads thinking they actually had a chance with either Roxann Dawson or Jeri Ryan, GET REAL PEOPLE, its only tv.

hey now, who ya calling stupid just cause i thought she's cute, or sweet to look at. i know i dont have a chance in hell with any of them :( but their nice to look at, and hey dreamin is always a good thing B) oh well a little too much dreaming can lead to B) so i know when to stop B)

During the early seasons of Voyager, B'Elanna was portrayed as an angry, bitter ex-Maquis who is forced to work along side the people she hates the most-Starfleet officers.  I'm sure this made the character unlikeable to many viewers.  During the later seasons, she begins to "soften up" as she develops friendships with Janeway and Harry Kim and then falls in love with Tom Paris.  This made her character a bit more likeable.  Seven of Nine appeared cold and unfeeling at first, but that's because she was a Borg drone since early childhood, and had no idea how to relate to others as an individual.  Watching her learn about her feelings and deal with them was much more interesting and moving.

You know I think you've hit the nail smack on the head. B)

I think that alot of it had to do with the stories and the character's attitudes. I agree that they were both great looking. Of course myself I preferred Torres.

I wish stupid guys would get the thought out of their heads thinking they actually had a chance with either Roxann Dawson or Jeri Ryan, GET REAL PEOPLE, its only tv.

hey now, who ya calling stupid just cause i thought she's cute, or sweet to look at. i know i dont have a chance in hell with any of them B) but their nice to look at, and hey dreamin is always a good thing :( oh well a little too much dreaming can lead to B) so i know when to stop B)

I just believe that someone should watch a show becuase the people there are heartthrobs. They should look at the show for what it is, a thing of entertainment. Really didnt mean to offend anyone. B)