Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

"Chimera"

It was established in late season 7, can't remember the episode, that Odo had been infected with the "disease" that was killing his people via Section 31 since before the war started. Odo transmits the disease via linking with other changlings. Does this mean the changling from "Chimera" will die too? Perhaps Odo will take a Jem'Hadar ship and look for him to cure him via linking?

I thought Odo's friend had remained in the alpha quadrant because he wanted to establish a colony for changelings who did not wish to remain with the Dominion?If he did,then he and Odo are now out of touch...and he is probably dead. :laugh:

that episode was around the 7.10, 7.11 mark, Odo comes back to DS9 from the Cardassian Rebellion.....then they call on Slone and he dies...

No, that changling should NOT be dead. If he did not rejoin the great link he would not have been given the disease because Odo transmitted it to all of the changlings in the first place. If he did rejoin the link, then he would have been cured when Odo returned in the last episode. Either way, Laas is still alive most likely

Ok, Here's The Deal

Odo Is Infected

Odo Links With The Founder Leader, Infecting Her

War Begins

Odo Should Still Be A Carrier, Links With Laas, Possibly Infecting Him

Odo Is Cured

Odo Cures The Great Link

Laas Is Still Out there Somewhere

No, that changling should NOT be dead.  If he did not rejoin the great link he would not have been given the disease because Odo transmitted it to all of the changlings in the first place.  If he did rejoin the link, then he would have been cured when Odo returned in the last episode.  Either way, Laas is still alive most likely

I don't believe linking with the entire great link would affect this. Odo was infected well before his linking with the Great Link on stardate 49962.4 in episode 26 of season 4 "Broken Link".

In episode 21 from the 7th season, "When It Rains" we learn that Odo was infected on stardate 49419.

Season 4 episode 7 "Starship Down" is on stardate 49263.5 and episode 15 "The Sons Of Mogh" is on stardate 49556.2 so Odo was infected sometime between those 2 episodes.

The only time that we know he was at Starfleet Medical on Earth (during that time frame) was in episodes 11 & 12 (Homefront & Paradise Lost) when there was an attempted military coup because of fear of the Founders. So we have to assume this is when he was infected.

Since Odo was a "carrier" of the virus, then he could and would pass along that virus to any shapeshifter he linked with. So when they linked Odo would have infected him just as he had infected the Great Link.

So, I would assume he is dead unless we hear that he returned to the Great Link when he began gettting sick.

Oh, I didn't realize that Odo was infected before the episode with Laas. My bad. However, you should note that stardats in Star Trek can be very erradic and often meaningless so be careful not to base all your evidence on it... not that you have in this case.... just fair warning. Poor Laas! I guess it's all over for him.

Oh, I didn't realize that Odo was infected before the episode with Laas.  My bad.  However, you should note that stardats in Star Trek can be very erradic and often meaningless so be careful not to base all your evidence on it... not that you have in this case.... just fair warning.  Poor Laas!  I guess it's all over for him.

For the most part starting with TNG they were pretty good with the Stardates and while you can't say that Stardate 45945.1 is April 3rd 2365 or what ever date they kept things pretty consistant. DS9 started with stardate 46379.1 in season 1 and ends in season 7 sometime after 52645.7. They actually had someone that would keep track of stardates so they wouldn't get things fouled up.

But judging from the episode where Dr. Bashir discovers that Odo was infected by Section 31 I believe the season 4 time frame has to be the point he was infected. Hey said that it had been "more then a couple years ago" and that it was while he was at Starfleet Medical.

I don't think anyone even considered Laas and the infection though. I bet if they had they would have at least written in a line or two about searching for him or about him re-joining the Great Link.

I don't know, I just re-watched this episode lastnight and Odo seemed pretty annoyed at him at one point even telling him to stay out of his personal life.