Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

master_q

Star Trek Trivia

Merry Christmas! Star Trek Gurus!

For a Round of Stimulating Star Trek Trivia, please join SpaceTigger and master_q as we co-host a special Christmas Session in the Beyond Antares' Chat Room.

Calendared Day/Time: Saturday, December 23 @ 3 PM ET (Need help with time zones? There is a link to a time zone converter in the chat room forum here at STF.)

Chat Room Link: http://chat.parachat.com/chat/login.html?r...9&fg=DFDFDF

(No registration required to enter the chat room. Guests welcomed.)

60 Mega Questions will be Asked!

What Else?

Well, I might bring some Star Trek Jokes. (Of course, by mention the possibility of Star Trek Jokes, I just saw the turn out number go down. :) )

What else did I put in it to tick people off? There will be three random questions: One will be on relativity. One will be on mathematics. One will be...well....wired. :assimilated: (Maybe one or two more, I don't know.)

30 questions will come from SpaceTigger. 30 questions will come from master_q. What could be more horrifying then a Geeky Star Trek Trivia Competition!? :P

But in all seriousness, please come on down. :P It should be a lot of fun with good trivia, good company, and much more. I hope to see some familiar faces. The point of having a round of trivia is to have some fun and hang out with other trekkies.

The only trouble is....We do not have a name for it! Maybe you can help us out?

Beyond Antares' Christmas Trivia Assimilation

Beyond Antares' Peldor Joi Trivia Challenge

Beyond Antares' Trivia Assimilation

Beyond Antares' Trivia Borgification

Beyond Antares' Trek Trivia Chase

Gee, whatever happened to trivia on THIS site? I feel like I'm going to be the only one left here pretty soon. I'll just post things to myself at that point...........

I stated the same thing, okay differently, I too wonder what had happen. I am glad to see the spam is gone. I am still here posting. Not everyday, but I am here none the less.

Okay, well this is probably as good a place to at least clear this up, but a formal announcement will be forthcoming.

As of right now, the Trivia Forum is read only. No one can post in it, not even me or Matt. This was done because it seems the spam bots will only post in the Trivia forum and by making it read only, they are no longer a problem. The trivia forum will remain read only until a more permanent solution can be enacted, hopefully that will be sometime soon.

As for new trivia, I'm hoping to restart it on a monthly basis in the new year. The reason we went so long without it is that Matt and I have been busy with our studies and didn't have enough time. We're sorry about that and that we really hadn't said anything up until this point. It was never that we didn't want to do it, it was, as I said, we just didn't get the chance.

In the meantime, I encourage you to head over to Beyond Antares to participate in what I'm sure will be a great trivia session with our two former trivia mods.

Okay, well this is probably as good a place to at least clear this up, but a formal announcement will be forthcoming.

As of right now, the Trivia Forum is read only. No one can post in it, not even me or Matt. This was done because it seems the spam bots will only post in the Trivia forum and by making it read only, they are no longer a problem. The trivia forum will remain read only until a more permanent solution can be enacted, hopefully that will be sometime soon.

As for new trivia, I'm hoping to restart it on a monthly basis in the new year. The reason we went so long without it is that Matt and I have been busy with our studies and didn't have enough time. We're sorry about that and that we really hadn't said anything up until this point. It was never that we didn't want to do it, it was, as I said, we just didn't get the chance.

In the meantime, I encourage you to head over to Beyond Antares to participate in what I'm sure will be a great trivia session with our two former trivia mods.

(I'll post here what I basically said to Jack in PM.)

Thank you, Jack, for being so gracious --- for encouraging people to participate in the trivia competition.

I am very happy to hear that trivia will be coming back to StarTrekFans.net. I would be very disappointed if it left for good. :assimilated:

Hello! Okay, I cut the Trek jokes. (We better get the turn out number back up! :laugh: )

But there will be some fun Christmas Party stuff...

There will some interesting facts too: Where did the Christmas tree come from? What about Christmas lights? Etc.

Also some good Christmas conversation topics: Favorite Christmas movies? Music? Did you buy any Star Trek Christmas Gifts for family/friends/yourself? Etc.

So lots of stuff to look forward to! We hope to see you at the Beyond Antares' Christmas Trivia Assimilation! (Yes, we now have a name. :( )

If you need/want to contact me:

Private Contact Info: master_q can be reached via PM, for any questions/concerns/suggestions/etc.

Hello! Okay, I cut the Trek jokes. (We better get the turn out number back up! :( )

But there will be some fun Christmas Party stuff...

There will some interesting facts too: Where did the Christmas tree come from? What about Christmas lights? Etc.

Also some good Christmas conversation topics: Favorite Christmas movies? Music? Did you buy any Star Trek Christmas Gifts for family/friends/yourself? Etc.

So lots of stuff to look forward to! We hope to see you at the Beyond Antares' Christmas Trivia Assimilation! (Yes, we now have a name. :( )

If you need/want to contact me:

Private Contact Info: master_q can be reached via PM, for any questions/concerns/suggestions/etc.

Nice, i'll join that trivia. And great name, by the way. :borgqueen:

:laugh:

I'll join in IF the Beyond Antares crowd promises to support this site a bit more than they have. I think its fine to push other sites here as long as you show a little participation at Startrekfans.

Hello & Merry Christmas, Kor.

All I am doing is this: Trying to put on a entertaining chat room trivia session with my Internet buddy SpaceTigger. He has his own community. It would be most appropriate there.

I can't speak for others, only myself... Don't I support StarTrekFans.net? I believe so. These past few months, it seems I am here more then some of the moderators! I post messages and have held chat room sessions from time-to-time. And the last big trivia event was Wolf 359, which I also hosted. But this should not be a reason for anyone to come (or not come) to the event at Beyond Antares.

For StarTrekFans.net: Yes, I agree, it would be very nice if activity jumped up here. I was debating if I should post my thoughts on this subject in a topic created by a former member complaining about the decline of StarTrekFans.net. In a nutshell: I agree with "both sides"... I a "moderate" here, which is rare. (For politics and religion: I think they are okay subjects for this board.) The board is only as good as its members. But, also, the staff is responsible for promotion and the hosting of events to increase activity. Both sides are lacking. I am not trying to give offense, but ultimately, it is the responsibility of the staff to take care of this site. A good number of the moderators are never here. Why are they moderatos? But for a positive: trivia will come back here. This, in my view, has been one of the biggest highlights of this site. Maybe the highlight, outside of the normal posting features.

I'm here every day, doing whatever needs to be done with my forums, keeping the portal updated with news as is relavant to the site, watching out for any trouble and just plain browsing.

I've been away due to personal issues. (read my log for further details) but i really like to see this site up and running again. I get my friends from the internet to come and play. :laugh: